This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Meter for Hybrid DPH

Brussam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
For the installers who have installed the Hopper 3 DPH Hybrid LNBF. What meter did you use for aiming?

Or is the Super Buddy the only option?

I've used an old Channel Mater analogue meter, a SATLOOK Lite meter and a First Strike FS1 Pro meter on the hybrid LNBF with no problems. 1 thing I did find is that nothing else can be attached to the LNBF for the meters to work.

I think, I'll check if I have a chance when I get home, if the SATLOOK Lite meter will lock onto the satellites when connected. I know that the FS 1 will not lock onto the satellites but I was able to set it up to provide me with good data though. Plus I like the FS1 s operation, size, display and the ability to setup default settings for each satellite in memory.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I have an FS1 but I wasn't getting an indication of signal. I will have to try again.

Why not just aim with a non-hybrid LNB, then once aimed, swap back to the hybrid LNB & you're good to go...no need to buy a different meter...

Not an unlimited space to carry extra LNBFs in a motorhome.

I run a birdog and run a short jumper from one output to a swm power brick and use the other output to aim with, as long as the lnb is being powered by something other than the receiver it works like a champ.