Meter/? question for the installers here.

hdflsts2002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2008
Ok so as the wife does alot of out of town assignments for her job we finally purchased the camper we've always wanted. In most cases with what a hotel would cost for several weeks to a month and what she get's housing allowance. It finally makes sense. In any case just added the RVing option to our account and purchased a 22k for the camper with a 1000.4 EA dish. First setup went ok but not fantastic using a $20 meter so went out and got something better. FirstStrike FS-1

Have tinkered with it a bit on our home setup so that I might understand it a bit better. Now hopefully on the next install I'll get it tuned better and do it much faster. Question I have is when I download the list they provide for Dish and Direct quite a few of the entries they have indicate that it will show Signal strength and Quality but will not show locked, as in this example

EchoStar 12 at 61.5W? 12559/21500/18 FS1 shows S/Q, does not show LOCKED

Can someone please explain to me what LOCKED actually indicates, why it would not show locked and ideally if you were tuning a 1000.4 EA dish what settings you would use to tune and verify you had the good signal on all 3 Sats.

I'm attaching their Dish/Direct list as it is on a publicly accessible portion of their site so I don't think that I'd be in violation for posting it as opposed to a rather lengthy list that they provide each month that they say is available only to meter owners who have registered their meters with them.

Thanks in advance to all

Attachments

• Dish_Direct_List.pdf
    34.1 KB · Views: 914
Locked would mean that you are getting a signal with the same signature as 61.5 and it has confirmed that it is the 61.5. Sounds funny sometimes, but the 72.7, the 119, and the 91 have a similar signal and can throw off a meter.

I would say pointing an EA.4 dish with a cheap meter will always be an adventure, but once you get the hang of it the signal can always be confirmed at the receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)