Meter rental?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Twin Cities
Instead of messing with modifying a starband dish, I decided to just get all new parts.
I have a 3|9" dish, 4 LNB bracket, 4 Universal LNB's, and a switch coming which I believe is everything I need to get this set up before winter.

Problem is, I don't have a meter. Does anyone know if there are any places which rent them? If it's over $100, it's not really worth it since I could probably hire someone for that or less since everything will be installed, just need the alignment done.

Thought I would ask here and see if there is such an option.

Thanks kindly.

Instead of messing with modifying a starband dish, I decided to just get all new parts.
I have a 3|9" dish, 4 LNB bracket, 4 Universal LNB's, and a switch coming which I believe is everything I need to get this set up before winter.

Problem is, I don't have a meter. Does anyone know if there are any places which rent them? If it's over $100, it's not really worth it since I could probably hire someone for that or less since everything will be installed, just need the alignment done.

Thought I would ask here and see if there is such an option.

Thanks kindly.

Do a little checking at places that sell them. Yes, a $300.00 meter would be "nice" to have, but we got a friends dish working last year for one he bought for about $25.00.

RT.

Finding a satellite meters to rent in your price range, unless from and individual I'd say is going to be next to impossible, now days most company's are in the business to sell not rent unless it's a very high end piece of test equipment. And setting up what you want I can't see someone doing it for 100 dollars, single LNB yes, 4 LNB's could be a lot of time getting it right.
For 168 dollars you can buy a First strike FS1 meter and do it all yourself and own the meter.

I have a hard time justifying the purchase of a meter because the last one I bought sat doing nothing once done. I'll eventually buy one since I seem to be sticking with FTA but figured I would ask first.

It's one thing as you say setting up a single LNB and I've only ever done a dual DTV a couple of times. No idea what I'm in for when using 4.
Is this something I could get tips on in these forums? I could always start a new thread to at least know where I should point the dish based on the birds I want to pick up, then work on the LNB's.

Why not just use your FTA receiver and a small tv set up right by the dish? That's what I do.

Almost as good, and a whole lot cheaper.

Why not just use your FTA receiver and a small tv set up right by the dish? That's what I do.

Almost as good, and a whole lot cheaper.

Yup, I've got a 4" LCD I used for that over the winter. Thing is, I still need some help in knowing where to face the dish to start with.

I'll start a new thread on that since it's unrelated to renting meters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)