Mexico, first post

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bajadock

Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Pacific Ocean
Found your forum after lots of research attempting to compare DISH and DirecTV options. Thanks for all of the experience, expertise and CREATIVITY, as I've done some reading on your forum before joining.

A friend :rolleyes: of mine lives full time in Ensenada, Mexico, 75 miles south of San Diego. Hoping to find best way for my friend to subscribe to DirecTV.

ALLTHEBEST
Bajadock

Found your forum after lots of research attempting to compare DISH and DirecTV options. Thanks for all of the experience, expertise and CREATIVITY, as I've done some reading on your forum before joining.

A friend :rolleyes: of mine lives full time in Ensenada, Mexico, 75 miles south of San Diego. Hoping to find best way for my friend to subscribe to DirecTV.

ALLTHEBEST
Bajadock

Are you in San Diego? if so you could set up an account for him at your own residence and then send the unit to Ensenada, Mexico. You will have to find a tech guy down there that might help him out with the antenna set up.

Are you in San Diego? if so you could set up an account for him at your own residence and then send the unit to Ensenada, Mexico. You will have to find a tech guy down there that might help him out with the antenna set up.

This is a perfect example of how to break the DIRECTV service agreement.

Thanks Rafael and Yorktown,
From what I've read in the lengthy Canadian thread, a USA billing address and USA phone# and credit card attached to that billing address will suffice.

Installation is not a problem. Looking for successful experiences, thanks.

This is a perfect example of how to break the DIRECTV service agreement.

Check this it has been discussed here before:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/31970-directv-mexico.html

As far as I'm concerned, if you have a US address, Social Security, US Credit Card, US phone number, US Billing. An you do not intend to do business with it, like rebroadcasting or showing protected content in public locations, a single IRD in the account. There shouldn't be a problem. My best guess is they want the business and as it's for personal use.....

I don't encourage people for illegality but there's no hacking or business involved in a personal use....each person should do as his conscience dictates.

If the question was can I receive Dishetwork or DirecTV in Mexico...the answer is yes, what legalities are involed that's up to the person who provides him to discuss....

Best Regards.

You want to approach Directv Latin America for service.

Joe

DirecTV Latin America doesn't have operation in Mexico anymore.
here's the info:

DIRECTV Group and News Corporation Announce Reorganization and Consolidation of Satellite TV Platforms in Latin America

EL SEGUNDO, CA, and NEW YORK, NY, October 11, 2004 – The DIRECTV Group, Inc. and News Corporation today announced a series of transactions with Grupo Televisa, Globopar and Liberty Media that will result in the reorganization of the companies’ direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV platforms in Latin America. Highlights of the transactions include:
• Sky Brasil and DIRECTV Brasil will merge, and DIRECTV Brasil customers will migrate to Sky Brasil. The DIRECTV Group will acquire the interests of News Corp. and Liberty Media in Sky Brasil.
• DIRECTV affiliate Galaxy Mexico will close its operations and sell its subscriber list to Sky Mexico. DIRECTV customers in Mexico will be offered the opportunity to migrate to Sky Mexico. The DIRECTV Group will acquire the interest of News Corp and jointly with Televisa, the interest of Liberty Media in Sky Mexico.
• The DIRECTV Group will acquire the interests of Globo, Televisa, News Corp. and Liberty Media in Sky Multi-Country Partners, which has DTH platforms in Colombia and Chile. Sky customers in Colombia and Chile will migrate to DIRECTV.
The transactions are designed to ensure the long-term success of DIRECTV Latin America, which is 86 percent owned by The DIRECTV Group, and Sky Latin America by consolidating the two DTH platforms into a single platform in each of the major territories served in the region. In aggregate, The DIRECTV Group is paying $579 million in cash for the equity stakes in the Sky platforms.

Mexico
DIRECTV will close the operations of Galaxy Mexico, its Mexican affiliate, and Galaxy Mexico has sold its subscriber list to Sky Mexico in exchange for a note, which is subject to adjustment and is payable in approximately 18 months. This acquisition has been filed with the Mexican government. Sky Mexico will offer to DIRECTV subscribers the opportunity to move to the Sky Mexico platform. In order to ensure that DIRECTV customers in Mexico continue to receive uninterrupted service while they evaluate the Sky offer, Galaxy Mexico will maintain its service for a minimum of nine months. Shortly after the end of the nine months, Galaxy Mexico will surrender its DTH license and cease operations. Approximately six months after the completion of the migration period, DIRECTV will surrender the note for 15 percent of the equity in Sky Mexico and acquire the balance of News Corp.’s equity stake in Sky Mexico for cash. At that time, DIRECTV and Televisa will also acquire Liberty Media’s interest in Sky Mexico, also for cash. Upon completion of these transactions, Televisa and DIRECTV will own approximately 57 percent and 43 percent of Sky Mexico respectively. As of June 30, 2004, there were approximately 266,000 DIRECTV subscribers in Mexico and approximately 940,000 Sky Mexico subscribers.

News Corporation

DirecTV Latin America doesn't have operation in Mexico anymore.
here's the info:

DIRECTV Group and News Corporation Announce Reorganization and Consolidation of Satellite TV Platforms in Latin America

EL SEGUNDO, CA, and NEW YORK, NY, October 11, 2004 – The DIRECTV Group, Inc. and News Corporation today announced a series of transactions with Grupo Televisa, Globopar and Liberty Media that will result in the reorganization of the companies’ direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV platforms in Latin America. Highlights of the transactions include:
• Sky Brasil and DIRECTV Brasil will merge, and DIRECTV Brasil customers will migrate to Sky Brasil. The DIRECTV Group will acquire the interests of News Corp. and Liberty Media in Sky Brasil.
• DIRECTV affiliate Galaxy Mexico will close its operations and sell its subscriber list to Sky Mexico. DIRECTV customers in Mexico will be offered the opportunity to migrate to Sky Mexico. The DIRECTV Group will acquire the interest of News Corp and jointly with Televisa, the interest of Liberty Media in Sky Mexico.
• The DIRECTV Group will acquire the interests of Globo, Televisa, News Corp. and Liberty Media in Sky Multi-Country Partners, which has DTH platforms in Colombia and Chile. Sky customers in Colombia and Chile will migrate to DIRECTV.
The transactions are designed to ensure the long-term success of DIRECTV Latin America, which is 86 percent owned by The DIRECTV Group, and Sky Latin America by consolidating the two DTH platforms into a single platform in each of the major territories served in the region. In aggregate, The DIRECTV Group is paying $579 million in cash for the equity stakes in the Sky platforms.

Mexico
DIRECTV will close the operations of Galaxy Mexico, its Mexican affiliate, and Galaxy Mexico has sold its subscriber list to Sky Mexico in exchange for a note, which is subject to adjustment and is payable in approximately 18 months. This acquisition has been filed with the Mexican government. Sky Mexico will offer to DIRECTV subscribers the opportunity to move to the Sky Mexico platform. In order to ensure that DIRECTV customers in Mexico continue to receive uninterrupted service while they evaluate the Sky offer, Galaxy Mexico will maintain its service for a minimum of nine months. Shortly after the end of the nine months, Galaxy Mexico will surrender its DTH license and cease operations. Approximately six months after the completion of the migration period, DIRECTV will surrender the note for 15 percent of the equity in Sky Mexico and acquire the balance of News Corp.’s equity stake in Sky Mexico for cash. At that time, DIRECTV and Televisa will also acquire Liberty Media’s interest in Sky Mexico, also for cash. Upon completion of these transactions, Televisa and DIRECTV will own approximately 57 percent and 43 percent of Sky Mexico respectively. As of June 30, 2004, there were approximately 266,000 DIRECTV subscribers in Mexico and approximately 940,000 Sky Mexico subscribers.

News Corporation

Oh well!

You tried......Time or plan B as presented by others.

Joe

Rafael, THANKS for the objective reply and link to a thread for which I have been searching.
Esperamos que todo está bien para usted y los suyos en Caracas.

Some years past I talked to some US citizens who had RV's/travel trailers down in Mexico in the Baja California area, they got a DirecTV signal with no problem, some had to go with a 24" or 36" oval dish though, this was before the Slimline HD dishes came out.

I don't know how well you'll get the new 99/103 Sats.

I would imagine the further South of the border you go, the bigger dish you'll need. 75 miles South of the border should be no problem reception wise, if you can get an account.

Hope this helps... :)

I don't know how well you'll get the new 99/103 Sats.
Hope this helps... :)

my guess is he has a high posibility, I haven't been able to get a footprint for Ka bird (99 W & 103 W) but you could take as a reference old Ku-band spot beam DirecTV 4S

spots1.png

consider Ka to be much more tighter, but with a location being so close to the US your probabilites are high.

Regarding a high gain antenna:

Channel master has a gain master (35 in X 24 in)

also there is a slimline (22.5 in X 32.5 in)

Good Luck!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)