Mexico signal issues

Dang! What an attitude. If there are enough people in a market to make money, the product will be offered. Did you participate in this year's census? It helps if Mexico knows how many English speakers live here so businesses can target them. If there is a market for English broadcasting, it will be offered.

Yep, for example I have noticed that Cablevision Mexico City has added to its channel lineup CCTV and Arirang (have you noticed the increase in the Chinese and Korean communities in the city ?) Sky has not added those channels to its lineup, and they carry NHK which is not carried by Cablevision.

I know I have been luckier with most, probably as a result of my physical location. I am very far east, right on the edge of the Caribbean and closer to the projected edge of the footprint than friends ffurther south and/or east of me.

Yes, very lucky especially compared to those of us in Mexico City Metro area.

Echo* 14, Sat.119, seems to be much better now than when it was first put into place. I use to have 4 bad transponders in the low teens but now only one low one. This seems to have changed in the last 2 weeks. Most transponders are in the 20 to 40% range from 7:00am to 9:00pm but starts to drop off fast after 10:00pm. Then there are days that stay strong all day and night. But if it rains all is gone. Maybe Mexico City would have more transponders at this time than they had. Just a thought.

Where are you located?

Seeking a Solution

Dish Mexico has 65 channels listed on their website.

I have contacted Dish Mexico about getting more English Channels and they skirted the issue. I spoke to Dish Network directly and they advised me to get a US account and then take my receiver to Mexico. LOL. I just wondering if anyone has figured out how they can pick up all the transponders on 119w with new equipment. I have a 1.8 meter dish and I was advised that a 2.4 would not help me. My lost transponders has a signal briefly but then the signal goes away. The transponders I have lost is 18,19,1-7, 9-11.

Thanks

We have a couple of Dish Network clients in Merida using dual antenna setups, with one dish on the 110° satellite. Also 77° should be pretty strong in your area.

You may be able to regain some of your channels that way.

DISH Network on EchoStar 10/11 at 110.0°W - LyngSat

Check you PM about restoring local network service.

Thank you for your response, Do you have anyone in Merida that could come out and help me get dialed in. I have a 1.8 dish on 119W and I have a 1.1meter dish that I installed hoping I could get 110W but without the proper equipment it is very hard to find the proper satellites. My locals were coming from American Direct but I lost those when I lost transponder 15. I didn't understand your comment about the PM. Thank you for your Help.

Just arrived in Acapulco for the season and my reception with 2 - 240cm fiberglass dishes is weak at best. Has anyone tried 72.7? It seems to have all programming except distant networks. Any and all help is appreciated.
Signal strength for 119 as shown on VIP 622 is as follows:
TP 1-7, 10, 11, 14, 15, 18, 19 is 0.
TP 8&9&13 is 8.
TP 12 is 18.
TP 16 is 22.
TP 17 is 12.
TP 20&21 is 27.

My friend who lives in Akumal between Oct and May and Texas the rest of the year just informed me of two purchases. 1st, he bought an online TV package at Watch Live Satellite TV, Cable TV on Your PC. Watch Sport, Movies on Demand, TV Shows . For a one time payment of $34.99 he gets all the USA TV he wants over his DSL line in Mexico. He has connected his laptop via an HDMI connection to his 40" Sony. He is now looking into a DVR SW package to do recordings on his PC's hard drive. 2nd, he bought a Magicjack ( magicJack ) for $39.99 for the 1st year and $19.99 per year after the first and now he can call all his friends in the USA for free. We in the USA can call him free also. So everyone in Mexico who want USA TV and telephone and have a high speed internet connection can now do so very cheaply. Prior to losing his Dish reception in Mexico he was paying over $140 per month for the everything package. He is now saving over $1000 per year.

I believe its a Toshiba Satellite. There are many laptops with HDMI out. Most other laptops that don't have HDMI out have a VGA out port to connect to other monitors and an audio out port.

Thanks. I guess I haven't been paying attention. I mentioned it to a friend who just got a Dell Studio laptop and of course, he has HDMI out. I've been on ThinkPads too long.

Puebla mex offset 1.1 meter sat 119w

sat 119
tp1
tp2
tp3
tp4
tp5
tp6 47
tp7 28
tp8
tp9
tp10 35
tp11 36
tp12
tp13
tp14 34
tp15 43
tp16
tp17
tp18 42
tp19 41
tp20
tp21

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts