MHD - Comcast beat us!

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
In a story worthy of the "wow" column, Comcast actually beat DISH in adding a new HD channel, as apparently they've come to an agreement on MHD and have added it to systems in New England.

I know based on all of the discussions that it may be in our future as well, but i'm surprised Comcast had the balls (and the bandwidth) to add a new HD offering.

Isn't this the approach they (and everyone else) has to take? Give you HD channels that you can't get on E* because adding things E* has, and at lower resolution, isn't going to pull customers away from E*...

Tvfan makes me wonder when they'll have CNN Headline news in HD, I'll bet robin looks great in HD...

Purogamer said:
Isn't this the approach they (and everyone else) has to take? Give you HD channels that you can't get on E* because adding things E* has, and at lower resolution, isn't going to pull customers away from E*..

Can't speak for other areas, but Comcast here in Sacramento has a great HD picture, passed unaltered by Comcast at all. Their big problem is no new HD national channels have been added since Discovery HD Theater, over 2 years ago!

Last edited:
C'mon DISH!

Just saw that my area with Comcast will now also be getting MHD on August 1st!

This will be the ONLY HD channel that Comcast will have that DISH doesn't (naturally of course not counting INHD).

C'mon DISH - sign that agreement!

Hopefully they add MHD and FoodTV soon. Saw MHD while out of town this week. Very very impressive.

psumattDE said:
Just saw that my area with Comcast will now also be getting MHD on August 1st!

This will be the ONLY HD channel that Comcast will have that DISH doesn't (naturally of course not counting INHD).

C'mon DISH - sign that agreement!

DWS44 said:
It's a combination of MTV, VH1, and CMT programming in HD.

I hope E* adds this one in the next round.

I agree! This station is the one I want more then ANY other [HD] Station. Maybe they could tie it in with a deal for the MTV Suite of channels...MTVHits, Jamz, Rock....I could get rid of Comcast totally then! I can wish :)

Our local Time Warner Cable has had the same HD channels for over 3 years now! Its the usual Discovery HD, TNT, In Demand HD, ABC, NBC, CBS locals. Thats all. This is why I went to Dish. Its just a waste having a 51" HD tv with only 5 channels to watch. Couldn't be happier.

Please elaborate, what was impressive about MHD? Just want to know waht I'm missing. Is there little repetition? Are their music videos in HD? Are they playing all music or reality junk?

ElectricSlim said:
Please elaborate, what was impressive about MHD? Just want to know waht I'm missing. Is there little repetition? Are their music videos in HD? Are they playing all music or reality junk?

We've had MHD on Cox San Diego since it launched Jan/Feb 06. It's PQ and AQ are outstanding, and yes, they do show videos in HD... and not many commercials (like Disc HD). Unfortunately, they seemed to keep repeating the same programs and videos that they first launched with earlier this year. It was great to see the European Video Music awards in HD, but they didn't do the same for the Movie Award show in June. Somewhat dissappointing, but what they do show is generally of very good quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts