MHZ on IA 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I remember watching something on it not too long ago, so it must have been FTA for at least awhile.

A lot of the scrambled channels on IA5 do turn up FTA from time to time, sometimes for a day or two, sometimes longer.

It helps to delete everything on IA5 and rescan it at least once a month. Channels are constantly changing on that sat.

MHZ is kinda intersting in the respects of what they do. They sponsor the local PBS of carrying Deutch Welle's European Journal every week...

I think in the virginia area they have some OTA stations probably in HD.

MHZ is over the air in the DC area, with a pretty good mix of shows. Some Aussie Rules, Italian football as well. But also some international mysteries and tons of news programs in multiple languages. I used to watch some Euro Dance show on there on Saturday nights (believe it or not, it was the first time I ever heard of Brittney Spears)

The MHZ feed that was FTA was not always the same as that which they showed OTA though. They blocked out some shows on FTA with a repeating advertisement that was quite annoying. Guess they didn't have the rights to distribute certain things over a satellite.

Here is there website:

http://www.mhznetworks.org/

I wonder how much Globecast wants for it (on a subscription basis)?

MHz Worldview looks like an interesting channel. I wish E* would add it to the PI lineup.

I have globecast and only subscribe to Setanta Sports, however on the globecast receiver MHz comes in. On my Traxis3500 it shows to be scrambled. I suppose it is currently available to anyone with any type of globecast sub. It will probably change in the future.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)