Michael Bay Praises Blu-ray's Success

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Michael Bay Praises Blu-ray's Success

Posted February 12, 2008 by Josh

mb.jpg
Outspoken director Michael Bay is once again singing the praises of Blu-ray, this time in celebration of the recent Blu-ray successes. At the Visual Effects Society's sixth annual award show, where he presented the award for animated character in a motion picture, he remarked, "Blu-ray's better, and I told everyone. I was very vocal about it. I knew HD [DVD] was not going to make it."

Bay has personally supervised Blu-ray transfers for his films 'The Rock' and 'Pearl Harbor' and says it has resulted in a sharper image that is "closer to what it should look like." He also isn't afraid of grain: "Yeah, there's some grain, pushing film, shooting at night. There's actually some grain in Transformers. We pushed it just a little too much. I don't mind grain. Grain has a vibe."

He also spoke about the prospects of bringing his film 'Armageddon' to Blu-ray, but mentioned that it would need a brand new master. "The Armageddon [master] was burned in a fire apparently, so we've got to re-master the whole movie," noted Bay.

Source: Home Media Magazine | Permalink

Come on Transformers 2 on Blu-ray!

From the link:
It’s just sharper,” he said. “It’s just [that] the tools are better.
Is any more proof needed that a director, no matter how good, can be a complete moron on non-movie issues?

Diogen.

From the link:Is any more proof needed that a director, no matter how good, can be a complete moron on non-movie issues?

Diogen.

He is the director :D I think he knows better no?

He is the director :D
He is, yes. Did I claim otherwise?
I think he knows better no?
Knows what? That Blu-ray is "sharper" than HD DVD?
This has nothing to do with being a director and is the definition of "moron"...

He could've stayed with "I like it better" and everything would be just fine.
No. First, BD was better (when he was drunk). Then HD was just as good (when he sobered up).
Then, again BD was better (is he drunk since?).

Just stfu and make movies... More like "The Rock", and less like "Pearl Harbor".

Diogen.

He is, yes. Did I claim otherwise?
Knows what? That Blu-ray is "sharper" than HD DVD?
This has nothing to do with being a director and is the definition of "moron"...

He could've stayed with "I like it better" and everything would be just fine.
No. First, BD was better (when he was drunk). Then HD was just as good (when he sobered up).
Then, again BD was better (is he drunk since?).

Just stfu and make movies... More like "The Rock", and less like "Pearl Harbor".

Diogen.

Aww you didn't like Transformers? I loved it when I saw it @ the movies on day one..

I guess the big question will be if Paramount remasters Transformers with a higher bit rate for BD? Or, make Michael Bay look like an idiot by using the exact same encoding for BD?

Morons can make good movies. Morons can do lots of things (look at busiiness, government, etc) Success does not remove moronic status. I still hope Bay has nothing to do with part 2 and it actually stays away from the scenes like the part where they are at the house hiding from the parents. Give me a break. Other than that, the movie is entertaining.

I did.
But "The Rock" is still his best, IMHO.

Diogen.

"Losers whine about their best, winners go home and f*ck the prom queen."

I think the rock is his best movie also. I don't know why he feels like he needs to be a spokesman for Blu-ray. Seems like most in Hollywood are keeping out of it, other than Michael Imperioli.

I guess the big question will be if Paramount remasters Transformers with a higher bit rate for BD? Or, make Michael Bay look like an idiot by using the exact same encoding for BD?
Transformers was encoded using AVC (H.264).
I don't think encodes using this codec are as easily transferrable between formats as VC1.

After the second is relesed they might remaster the first for a "duo" special edition... for profile 2.0 players. :)
If Paramount is blu by then, that is...

Diogen.

Come on people this is Micheal Bay we are talking about this is too easy. Yeah he's....... Michael Bay
Seriously whats left to say about him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)