GEOSATpro Micro hd boot looping after firmware update and motor control problems

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I updated my microHD via satellite and followed the factory reset and unplugged the power cord and now it's boot looping I will get the cable to fix it in the coming weeks but needed to know what udf file to use I also am experiencing motor control problems with it

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I updated my microHD via satellite and followed the factory reset and unplugged the power cord and now it's boot looping I will get the cable to fix it in the coming weeks but needed to know what udf file to use I also am experiencing motor control problems with it

Is that all you did exactly, or did you also reload your original .udf file after the update? You can extract a basic .udf file from the latest firmware.

Is that all you did exactly, or did you also reload your original .udf file after the update? You can extract a basic .udf file from the latest firmware.

Only other thing I did was redo the antenna setup then tried to rescan satellites across the arc then it started the boot loop

Post 2 in this recovery thread contains a good .udf file: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/291053-First-Aid-Serial-Update-via-Internal-TTL-Header.

Remember: you do NOT want to load the entire .abs file. You only want to reload the .udf file to fix the boot-looping, but that must be done with the usb cable.

When you "redid the antenna setup" what does that mean? Did you delete any sats that may have somehow had channels already scanned in?

Post 2 in this recovery thread contains a good .udf file: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/291053-First-Aid-Serial-Update-via-Internal-TTL-Header.

Remember: you do NOT want to load the entire .abs file. You only want to reload the .udf file to fix the boot-looping, but that must be done with the usb cable.

When you "redid the antenna setup" what does that mean? Did you delete any sats that may have somehow had channels already scanned in?

I did the factory reset after the update then after unplugging the receiver for 10 secs I had to go back and reenter usal info because it erased all the user data

Only other thing I did was redo the antenna setup then tried to rescan satellites across the arc then it started the boot loop

I did the factory reset after the update then after unplugging the receiver for 10 secs I had to go back and reenter usal info because it erased all the user data

There's a difference in posting between your earlier quote above, and your latest quote. In the first one you say you also scanned sats after the update. I'm just attempting to get the entire complete story so we can figure out what happened for SURE to cause this, and avoid it ourselves if that sequence really did cause a boot-loop. Think back carefully, and post exactly and completely what you did in the order you did it, which led up to the final boot-loop.

You didn't kill the scan partway in, or anything like that? You didn't delete any sats after a scan, or remember any anomalies you can think of during this time?

here is what i did

1. took receiver and TV out to dish to align dish
2. align dished and scanned in 97w to be sure i was on the correct satellite unhooked everything and went inside after running the cabling temporarily to the house
3. hooked microhd up to TV and moved it around to avoid the plasma TV interfering with the remote to the microHD
4. after finding a spot where i could control the receiver with the remote i went to the menu to try to scan different sats to be sure i was on the arc and all it did was scan in 97w the receiver was not moving the motor
5. after not being able to scan more than one satellite i decide to stop the scan update the receiver off the satellite
6. i went to the satellite update and tried the update but had the wrong transponder initially so the update failed got on satellite guys and looked up the post by sat av on the recent firmware and change to the correct transponder
7. downloaded update of the satellite and installed it
8. preformed the factory reset
9.after the receiver rebooted i unplugged it for 10 seconds then re plugged it in and powered it on
10. i re entered the USAL information and selected the satellites i wanted to multiscan and again it only scanned in 97w so i stop the scan it froze on the last channel it could tune i think i powered the receiver off and then it started the boot loop

this is to the best of my memory

Well, I was hoping Brian would comment. Anyway, it appears that when you stopped the satellite scan it must have somehow caught just the right timing, and corrupted the .udf file in some way. Then when you rebooted, it came up, hit the corrupted part as part of it's boot sequence, and then the boot loop started.

So the upshot is you still have to recover it with either a purchased cable, or sending it back to be recovered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)