GEOSATpro MicroHD boot loop software... (1 Viewer)

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Been a long while since I fixed the MicroHD boot loop issue I had a long time ago. Gave the MicroHD to a friend of mine and it looks like he managed to get it boot-looped not long after getting it home. He's bringing it back and I am hoping to fix it... but I can't remember what software is used to run the USB/TTL cable and upload the firmware. Spent quite a bit of time looking for information on this site and GeosatPro, coming up with a lot of 404s etc.Have latest firmware but not sure if it will update via USB, will likely have to use the cable.
Anyone have a good link for the info, or can send me the files etc? Would be most grateful!
-C.

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Thank you Mike! Exactly what I was looking for. He might be dropping by today with the receiver so I should be ready to go when he gets here.
Will have to tell him once again... DO NOT MESS WITH THE SATELLITE LIST!! :)

Reactions: KE4EST

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Got it going yesterday, think the fault may have been a loose rear RF connector. Soldered the connector to the chrome RF enclosure and circuit board on the bottom. Re-loaded the firmware and channel list via the TTL-USB cable. Played for at least an hour without a hitch.
Still an awsome little receiver. Hope he gets many more years out of it!

Cham

VE4GLS
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Well, I would have... but he is a retired electrical engineer who designed the multicoupler system for our local national network broadcast site... It's actually a work of art, likely the most awesome piece of RF plumbing I have ever seen. It allowed 3 TV stations to share the same TV antenna at full power (150Kw) with almost no reflection. Since the ATSC changeover though, it's no longer in use.
I have learned much him regarding RF hardware. So... no I didn't tell him not to over-tighten the connector.
It is more likely that I had over-tightened the connector myself in the past,and just didn't notice or realize that before giving him the receiver!
It's still working so all is good! :)

crank down the coax connector

Reactions: KE4EST

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts