microHD DiSEqC 1.1 menu ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
:confused: Somebody want to decipher the DiSEqC 1.1 menu in the microHD for me. I can get the first four ports on my 8x1 switch to work but can't figure the trick to get 5 ~ 8 to work.

If I hadn't sealed up the Birdview nosecone today with a 22khz, a lead down the pole to a second diseqc and the first in the nose, I'd experiment.
My buddy believed that it reads for us as "two banks of four"...something similar to: 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4 (or similar) then 2-1, 2-1, 2-3, etc....the order may vary.

Is there an advantage for a single receiver setup in my going BACK to that concept over the 22khz feeding two 4's? Obviously there must be a small signal loss
the more hardware I have online!

Just scroll down to the last part of the menu and select from the higher selections there and it will work. All the cascades in the menu is confusing. My other receivers simply have an uncommitted menu with 1-16.

Yep go to the very last on the list and work from there. It is 16 just go back to 8~1 and you will have it.

Please report back with results!
I'm wondering if the insertion loss is less doing that than the 2 4's and a 22khz. May not be a huge difference except for some
VERY elusive ku signals!

Reviving this thread...
Warm weather's here.
Thinking of "simplifying" before running my new cable into the new apartment. (formerly 5 dishes feeding year round RV.)

I have the 8x1 diseqc.
I'd like to replace the order I have now which is, receiver to 22khz, one side to c/ku combined BUD feed, the other to a 4x1 switch. (If memory serves....it's been awhile)
I could run a line down FROM the Birdview nosecone for each of C and Ku to an 8x1, leaving 6 ports open for other dishes.
Picture shows what I'd like to do with teh 8-port if I can make the MicroHD understand it all.

Did I gather the menu on MicroHD for sixteen ports is the one to use, but only use the first eight?
I may give it a whirl after aligning the new DTN/Ku dish for signal comparison on PBS (using original LNB supplied by DTN.)

Thanks for clarification, and sorry for reviving old thread....but...IT'S SPRING! TIME TO PLAY!

Attachments

• NEW PORT ASSIGNMENTS.jpg
    NEW PORT ASSIGNMENTS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Yes in the menu on the microHD use the first 8 of the last 16 ports. :)

That is the way I have mine set up( even though I don't have a C/Ku on the 10 footer right now). Come off of the C-Band dish with two coaxes, C to say port 1 and then Ku to port 2. Then hook up the other dishes how ever you want that makes sense and easy for you to remember which one is port 3, 4,5, etc.
Which brand of 8-port switch did you get? I been doing it this way for about 3 years and everything works better than strings of 1x4s and such.

7 years! No "regular" RV! Avion! 1986! 4" of foam all around, window insulators, very pleasant. Even in sub zero!
took many years to get my business up and running....to the point of more than just "stability."
Pictures on it's "for sale" page...
www.jimcarlyle.com/avion

Take a look!
cedar lined closets, central vac, floor safe, now it's wired for permanent triple leads for satellite-in, etc.
Darn nice digs!

They have all answered your question? 1.1 is just " backwards " compatible with 1.2; which counts above " 4 " (memorizable). The way to program 8 uses 22 Khz. off the ends, not inside, truly, however the microHD was a little late in being designed, so it has it's compatibility (difference) by putting 1.1 into the "looks like 1.2" but is really 4-8 1.1 memorizable... But if you hook it up right (1.2), it will not be found to work "good".................................................... What is 1.1 to look like backwards? A microHD being! The problem is that 22 khz. was put into a receiver using 1.2 as the first pulse; and a 22 khz, pulse is next (when you use both for 8 lnbf's); which is the multi-switches design. The truth is (and problem), that 22 khz. and #8 port and both signals then are the same!

Now if they did not confuse you; I hope i didn't!!!

Certainly looks a whole lot warmer and easier to heat than the,mostly,uninsulated 1880's behemoth I live in.But I don't think my stuff would fit,I need to get rid of a lot more stuff :D.

I had much in storage, but...my "important" things are in our radio station! (radio collection, and the like)..But, it DOES teach a person what they really NEED is much less than what they HAVE! Was not a bad experience at all...and I'm kind of proud of what it did for me! And yes, it heated well. Even in sub zero, furnace ran only a few times an hour with just an oil electric radiator in the living room and a simple "wall heater" on the hall wall near the bedroom! I even learned to live in a 30 amp world! Never suffered at all, summer or winter.

Now it's time for someone to buy it and put it to good use, so I can get a smaller one for FUN!

Yes in the menu on the microHD use the first 8 of the last 16 ports. :)

That is the way I have mine set up( even though I don't have a C/Ku on the 10 footer right now). Come off of the C-Band dish with two coaxes, C to say port 1 and then Ku to port 2. Then hook up the other dishes how ever you want that makes sense and easy for you to remember which one is port 3, 4,5, etc.
Which brand of 8-port switch did you get? I been doing it this way for about 3 years and everything works better than strings of 1x4s and such.

I'm sure it's not the BEST in the world, and I'll want to keep it weatherproofed, but it's a DMS International DS-7881.

When you say it works better, was there less time switching from feed to feed? Less loss, perhaps?
Looking forward to "re-engineering the system"...

Less loss and I went through a bunch of 4x1 that kept dieing on me. I even tried different brands, so I went to an 8x1 and never looked back.
Never tried a DMS 8x1. I have a great luck with a DigiWave or Amiko.

They have all answered your question? 1.1 is just " backwards " compatible with 1.2; which counts above " 4 " (memorizable). The way to program 8 uses 22 Khz. off the ends, not inside, truly, however the microHD was a little late in being designed, so it has it's compatibility (difference) by putting 1.1 into the "looks like 1.2" but is really 4-8 1.1 memorizable... But if you hook it up right (1.2), it will not be found to work "good".................................................... What is 1.1 to look like backwards? A microHD being! The problem is that 22 khz. was put into a receiver using 1.2 as the first pulse; and a 22 khz, pulse is next (when you use both for 8 lnbf's); which is the multi-switches design. The truth is (and problem), that 22 khz. and #8 port and both signals then are the same!

Now if they did not confuse you; I hope i didn't!!!

Your posts always amaze me, it's like there's two different people posting. A lot of the time your posts are basically incoherent. Then, you'll have one that's perfectly understandable, well thought out, and obviously from somebody that really knows his stuff.

Then you have one like this that's half-way in between, lol.

Your posts always amaze me, it's like there's two different people posting. A lot of the time your posts are basically incoherent. Then, you'll have one that's perfectly understandable, well thought out, and obviously from somebody that really knows his stuff.

Then you have one like this that's half-way in between, lol.

So its not just me. I thought I was having senior moments. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)