GEOSATpro microHD Editor Software Discussion

In the ALI editor, how do you define channels as H264 video and AC-3 audio? the editor thinks they are MPEG2 video and MPEG2 audio and that may explain why defined channels are not displaying like they should when the channel is selected.

just messing around, I figured out one way. Write down the Service ID number, change it to "0" and then all the PID fields open up. edit the PID fields, then change the service ID number back to what it was and presto.
Skysurfer noticed your post from August...If you edit and then later do a blindscan on that sat doesn't it overwrite your edit? Example would be changing a channel name...I'm trying to figure this out myself. On the openbox you used the editor to change channel name etc...then changed the service Id to zero. It saved the info. If you did a blind scan on the sat again your changes remained. The Micro seems to have some strange PIDS and if I edit I can't save my updated info. I can't be the only one having this issue..Blind

Skysurfer noticed your post from August...If you edit and then later do a blindscan on that sat doesn't it overwrite your edit? Example would be changing a channel name..

I haven't noticed if they get overwritten or not, but I'd think they would not be. What is there to overwrite a manually edited channel with? If a microhd scan found and wrote channels to memory on a particular signal, I wouldn't have a need to use an editor to add in channels, would I? ;)

I will test my hypothesis tomorrow on a satellite where I've manually edited in a channel the microHD wasn't able to scan and write to memory. If it clobbers my manual entry, I'll reply to this otherwise assume that it didn't clobber my manual entry in that test.

It will clobber it...I tried it..example several things on 99W Caband and PBS on 125W. Edit and it won't accept it..Unless I'm missing something?
Blind

To prevent the custom user name from being overwritten change the SID to a different number on the modified channel using a channel editor. This is a technique used for many years and receivers.

To prevent the custom user name from being overwritten change the SID to a different number on the modified channel using a channel editor. This is a technique used for many years and receivers.
I do not yet know what this means, how to do it, OR what can the SID be safely changed to... I MAY want to do this in the future.

I just got a call that I do not have to make a 600 mile drive to go to court, so that is one big load off my mind, and a saving of $300. Maybe get the microHD working tomorrow and if I do (with Iceberg's channel file) I can start having success with it!

Brian, Thanks for the info. Pop, I think Brian is referring to Station Id. I change all my channels in mine to "0" and then it won't save because the PID starts with an 8 in many cases. If I change info to the APID, VPID, PCR shown on many websites...Lyngsat etc, I get video but no audio. Editing stuff in the Micro is similar to the openbox but I'm finding a few things different.
Blind

Brian, Thanks for the info. Pop, I think Brian is referring to Station Id. I change all my channels in mine to "0" and then it won't save because the PID starts with an 8 in many cases. If I change info to the APID, VPID, PCR shown on many websites...Lyngsat etc, I get video but no audio. Editing stuff in the Micro is similar to the openbox but I'm finding a few things different.
Blind

Hi, Blind good to see you around again. Hope all is well.

Sorry i know its off topic.

Blind

Could you PM examples?

Thanks!

It will clobber it...I tried it..example several things on 99W Caband and PBS on 125W. Edit and it won't accept it..Unless I'm missing something?
Blind

that makes sense! I can't think of any service on those two sats (other than one audio-only Ku-band service) that require manual PID entry - they all have signals where the microhd is able to scan to find the audio and video services and write them to memory.

Manual PID in my case is used when the microHD is unable to find video or audio services in the signal and write them to memory because the part of the DVB or DVB-S2 signal is encrypted or the audio/video services aren't defined for whatever reason making them "hidden" so to speak.

If I have to use manual PID, it won't be clobbered because the microHD is unable to find any video/audio services to write to memory. Should the uplinker fix the signal such that the microHd is able to scan and write services to memory, then I would expect my manual entries to be clobbered by what the microHD finds.

Skysurfer...Ok The Puerto Rico mux doesn't come up with the actual channel names as we know...the channels may scan in but it's kinda hard to know which is which. So if you edit the channel name you need to be able to save it somehow. In the openbox you edited the channel list..changed each channel ID to "0"
Next time you blind scan it doesn't over write the channel names you entered. I used the manual pid lots in the openbox..lots and lots of your radio channels needed manual pid entry. The Micro thankfully didn't have the problems the openbox had with those.

Last edited:
Finding that on some computers the AliEditor Configuration Settings text is incorrectly defaulted to Chip Type=M3329c and prevents the ability to modify the h.264 and displays incorrect audio settings. If your AliEditor Configuration Setting file is changing to this incorrect chipset default and not displaying Chip Type=M3601s follow these steps:

1. In the AliEditor folder open the AliEditor Configuration Settings file
2. Change text: Chip Type=M3601s
3. Save the file
4. Right-Click on the file to open the file Properties
5. Under the General tab, check mark "Read Only"
6. Click on OK to save the file properties setting

This should place the AliEditor software in the correct mode to provide advanced video and audio settings.

Ahhh... This fixed my problem as well. I can finally edit my channel lists. I'm a happy camper. Thanks Brian.

dotbatman said:
Is there some setting that needs to be changed so that I can insert channels using AliEditor? I've done the M3601s change but the Insert Channel command is still disabled when I right click in the channel list.

Have you selected the transponder that you wish to add the channel to? If you only have selected the satellite, the Insert Channel option is not available until you select the transponder.

Adding Motor Positions

Using the MHD Ali Editor I recently added Simón Bolívar at 78.0°W to the MicroHD Satellite list to scan in 3885 V 23000 SR. When I tried to add a Satellite position above number 59 and save it, an error pops up notifying me to the effect that only Numbers 0 to 59 can be entered as a position in the Ali Editor. It should be noted that I'm able to save satellite positions above 60 using the MicroHD or the G-Box. My question is, why can't I save satellite positions above 60 using the Ali Editor?

Edit: I forgot to mention that editing satellites with a satellite position of 59 and above with the ALi Editor also gives the same error as above, thus changes can't be saved.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts