MicroHD manual PIDS

Well I gave it my first try yesterday on a channel that the pids don't show from a blind scan, but can be manually keyed in. Didn't work. The channel is H264 and I presume this can only be changed in a editor, so the pid entry from the remote may be of limited use.

havent really run into a time where this is needed. Now that CW (on 91W) logs properly I dont really need it (manual PID entry)

There is some hiding channels that PIDs need to be manually keyed in, AV will need to take a look at the manual PID Feature if it works or not.

Ok, here is something that does work. Most people have seen the North and South Huntington Pier live cam shots on 103 Ku.
You can add music to the N. Pier shot by editing the audio pid.
So you will be going to 11942 V 20000. Key in v5154 a5417 p5154. A new channel will scan in with classical music from WCPE-Raleigh/Durham for sound.
This may not work if you don't have the special skew for 103 Ku.
Credit to RT CAT.

havent really run into a time where this is needed. Now that CW (on 91W) logs properly I dont really need it (manual PID entry)

Sorry to jump in my friend, but if the featute is there it should be work out even if you or other dont needed. It is something I being pushing. So instead of going around justifying the Micro, Recomendations should be received and analyze and implemented if feasible. How about Yes , this feature doesnt work and will take a look and see if we can fix it in our next firm realease!! Again, sorry but I guess this is what i expect to hear from the micro staff and I guess others.

Manual channel PID Entry is working for SD channels.

Not sure what the problem is with the h.264 channel. This has been working through Beta.

We were able to replicate. This had not been reported as a bug. We may not know about these issues if they don't get reported....

Will put it on a priority for firmware update.

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in my friend, but if the featute is there it should be work out even if you or other dont needed.
I never said it worked or it didnt....

It is something I being pushing. So instead of going around justifying the Micro, Recomendations should be received and analyze and implemented if feasible. How about Yes , this feature doesnt work and will take a look and see if we can fix it in our next firm realease!! Again, sorry but I guess this is what i expect to hear from the micro staff and I guess others.
I'm not justifying anything dude. It seems like all you want to do is bash the product when you don't even own one and I really dont know why. What did I say?

Before the CW went to DVB-S2 it was needed. The only other time I used manual PID entry off the top[ of my head is when I created a audio stream for one of the stations on 139W. The audio pid was buried past the 20 or so that some receivers logged. So I created a separate PID entry for that one radio channel. Since the Micro can log all the pids on that station I dont need to create one. I just select audio pid 26 (I think thats what it is)

So if someone has a channel that requires manual PID entry, by all means post it or if it is not published PM it to me. :)

I'm not on anyone's payroll for the micro (nor any companies payroll at all.....being unemployed sucks) and there have been plenty of issues I have run into with the Micro that hasnt been posted in the bug thread. I have PM'd Brian with the issues to see if he can duplicate it. There are still some minor things that need to be fixed on it but again they are minor (like the renaming of channels when you reblind scan). :D

I never said it worked or it didnt....

I'm not justifying anything dude. It seems like all you want to do is bash the product when you don't even own one and I really dont know why. What did I say?

Before the CW went to DVB-S2 it was needed. The only other time I used manual PID entry off the top[ of my head is when I created a audio stream for one of the stations on 139W. The audio pid was buried past the 20 or so that some receivers logged. So I created a separate PID entry for that one radio channel. Since the Micro can log all the pids on that station I dont need to create one. I just select audio pid 26 (I think thats what it is)

So if someone has a channel that requires manual PID entry, by all means post it or if it is not published PM it to me. :)

I'm not on anyone's payroll for the micro (nor any companies payroll at all.....being unemployed sucks) and there have been plenty of issues I have run into with the Micro that hasnt been posted in the bug thread. I have PM'd Brian with the issues to see if he can duplicate it. There are still some minor things that need to be fixed on it but again they are minor (like the renaming of channels when you reblind scan). :D

We keep playing the same game. I hear you!

All receivers have bugs, and most have more serious bugs than what I'm seeing reported by users of the micro.

Taking into account how long other receivers have been out with still no fixes to serious problems, I find it refreshing to see that the micro has already had, what? 3? firmware updates to fix issues? Most of us don't even have the receiver yet. At this rate, the product release bugs will be squashed and we'll have a nearly perfect receiver by the end of the summer.

How many other receivers can that be said of?

All receivers have bugs, and most have more serious bugs than what I'm seeing reported by users of the micro.

Taking into account how long other receivers have been out with still no fixes to serious problems, I find it refreshing to see that the micro has already had, what? 3? firmware updates to fix issues? Most of us don't even have the receiver yet. At this rate, the product release bugs will be squashed and we'll have a nearly perfect receiver by the end of the summer.

I agree, but that "Moving Dish" popup is seriously pissing me off! I can't WAIT for that to be timed down if possible.. lol

I agree. There was actually 4 out but one version was more of a beta version and had issues so it was quickly scrapped ;)

not too many

I don't have mine yet, but so used to that on the openbox that I don't even think about it anymore. Agreed though I would love for it to time out faster or disappear as soon as it detects a signal.

If I go from 58W to 131W not so bad, but going from 99W to 101W man it can get annoying.

I'm wondering if we should start a new thread about the "motor moving" pop up. I think a solution to this and some other annoyances would be the "everything on one screen" approach.
I somehow remember this being discussed last fall and SatAV spoke of such a screen. Maybe someone remembers where that is, I got lost searching for it.
The idea was to have a sat screen with everything you could want to do, scan, tp edit, motor and switch settings, watch tv, record, etc. We instead have the same Openbox routine of going from one screen to another with having to re-select the sat you are working with over and over. And each time you do, the moving motor starts up again even though the motor is already on that sat.
Now this isn't going to break my fingers, and under day to day use won't come up too much, but setting up the Micro for use with your system these nuisances can get old.

Last edited:
the "motor moving" thing has popped up in numerous threads. And I dont know if that can be changed

per the review
One thing that really bugs me is there is a "moving dish" popup that shows up no matter what you do. I know some receivers have it but most that popup leaves right away. This stays up for 15 seconds unless you hit "exit" before that. This shows up if you go into the transponder list and antenna setup. I understand if you are going from say 83W to 91W but why when you are on 91W already and you want to blind scan it does that popup when you hit OK to scan? The only time it is rather quick is when you power it on for the first time. It only shows up for about 2 seconds. I know my Coolsat 5000 only does it for a couple seconds but I’m still using version 1.00 software. Anything else (including the factory 3rd party stuff) has that popup too for longer.
This is what SatelliteAv sent back to me about it
"Dish Moving" - It also drives me nuts! We are working on this irritant so the display will leave after 3 or 4 seconds, but their are other functions hard coded by ALI that is making this very difficult. If the display is programmed to disappear earlier, there is currently no way to prevent he next step of the process from starting. There are no time place holders without the display. The result is if the display is removed early, the next event step starts. What happens for example is that if in a scan mode, the scan is initiated prior to the dish landing on the target satellite. I have been playing with displaying a blank screen, but this can confuse the user as you still must either press exit to skip to the next step or wait. If the user does not visually see that a motor move event command is still waiting to time out, the RCU would not function until the exit button was pressed or the event times out. It is totally a ALI coding issue that we are fighting a work around

It is totally a ALI coding issue that we are fighting

Ali, Ali. As a consumer who knows or cares?
When I get in a rental car I don't care if the motor and transmission is made by Ford. I just want the radio, air conditioning, and windshield wipers to work without restrictions like bringing the car to a complete stop, shift into park before I can turn on the headlights. If it takes a Chevy to do this stuff then it is up to the car rental co. to address my needs instead of softening the issue by who built the car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts