GEOSATpro microHD - My settings

freewave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
northen Ontario
I have not yet done a firmware update of my microhd reciever but now have my channel list motor settings etc. the way I want them. I saved my present settings as my default. If I do a factory reset after a firmware update will it use my present default or will it revert back to the default that the reciever came with?

Regards

I dont know specifically for that model. But, usually a factory default sets it back to the state that it was in from the factory. No customization or settings carried over. Usually, you save settings to a file, default it, upgrade it, and restore the settings from file.

What is the installed software date and version?

If the installed firmware version is older than v.13, dated 11/14/2012 ABSOLUTELY DO NOT reinstall the .udf file or it will corrupt the user data base. If the user database is corrupted, you will need to purchase a TTL/USB adapter to restore operation.

If you are not sure, perform a Factory Reset, install new firmware, perform factory reset, remove the power source for 5 seconds, repower then set-up the satellites, switches and scan for channels again... :(

Last edited:
Go to that same screen but look at the very bottom where is says Product Ver. What is the date on that?

To emphasize what KE4EST clarified: If the date in the lower right is older than 2012-12-14 do not save, or reload the User Database File (.udf).

Note this example photo below. The Version date of this firmware is 2012-5-8. This is old firmware that will create an .udf file that will corrupt the receiver if the channel list is saved and reloaded onto firmware dated 2012-12-14 or newer.

attachment.php

Looks like I am out of luck I have exactly the same version as shown in your post. I guess there is no other way than to start from scratch and I dont like using usals diseqc 1.2 has to be more accurate.

Wow, some dealer has sat on stock for a loooonnng time! That firmware is the factory load from the first batch almost a year ago.

Many improvements have been made. Well worth the upgrade!

I had firmware of that approximate vintage in my micro...until last night.

Check out the video in the stickies for the upgrade by satellite, I just followed that and it went great. I don't remember if the video mentions doing the power cycle after the factory reset but I did it anyway.

Thankyou everybody for the input. I think I will go ahead anyway with the update and wont bother with the facrory update just to see what happens.

Regards Ron

you need to do the factory reset after loading new firmware

I thought the newest versions of the firmware did the power cycle and reset automatically.
I just re-loaded mine yesterday, and didn't do a factory reset... I guess I'll go do it again ;)
BTW, does the newest firmware also include the new, expanded satellite-transponder list? or, does that need to be loaded after the reset?
thanks,

I thought the newest versions of the firmware did the power cycle and reset automatically.
I just re-loaded mine yesterday, and didn't do a factory reset... I guess I'll go do it again ;)
BTW, does the newest firmware also include the new, expanded satellite-transponder list? or, does that need to be loaded after the reset?
thanks,

Answers to your questions are included in the release notes: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...-USB-and-Satellite-Update-(OTA-SSU)-2-27-2013

I decided to keep my microHD. It works pretty good except that the "Moving dish" message stays on the screen way too long (even after the move is completed). And you can't slave another receiver to it or maintain the time off the internet.

I decided to keep my microHD. It works pretty good except that the "Moving dish" message stays on the screen way too long (even after the move is completed).

Yeap I hate that too.. other receivers I own dont do that nag.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A few simple suggestions:
the "Moving dish" message stays on the screen way too long (even after the move is completed).
Press the exit key at anytime to remove the dish moving message. Note: if performing a channel scan, pressing the exit button before the dish has landed will immediately start the scan process.

And you can't slave another receiver to it
Use a 2x1 splitter to slave a second receiver.

Pass through is simply an internal splitter. Just need to understand that only one receiver can control the switch/motor/LNBF. Once an user understands the receiver hierarchy, all is good with using a splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)