GEOSATpro microHD - Not Able to Scan CW on 91w

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
havent really run into a time where this is needed. Now that CW (on 91W) logs properly I dont really need it (manual PID entry)

I can't seem to scan these in on my microHD except for the one labeled CW Plus MPEG-2 which is on a different transponder.

Split this off of another thread as it is off topic.

I can't seem to scan these in on my microHD except for the one labeled CW Plus MPEG-2 which is on a different transponder.

What firmware version?

What TP frequency are you scanning for the CW mux? Does the TP lock? If so, what is the Quality reading? Does it lock quickly or needs to set a while? What size dish and LNBF model?

Last edited:
What firmware version?

TDV10270-1-0-2-0

What TP frequency are you scanning for the CW mux? Does the TP lock? If so, what is the Quality reading? Does it lock quickly or needs to set a while? What size dish and LNBF model?

3720H28800. Yes it does lock with a signal level of 90% and a signal quality of 74%. It locks virtually immediately. 12 foot dish with C2 LNBF.

TSV10290-1-0-2-0 is the software.

What date in the lower right corner. Current version is 2013-1-31

The 3720 CW mux scans in fine even on my 1.2M miniBUD with C2.

I haven't played with C-band for a while, but I remember most of these were labeled as scrambled even though they were ITC. You're not just doing an FTA scan, right?

Good catch NorthGeorgia. Yes, they have a false encryption flag on the MUX. Scanning for FTA will ignore the channels due to this false flag. I had forgotten about these channels being incorrectly flagged in the tables.

TSV10290-1-0-2-0 is the software.

What date in the lower right corner. Current version is 2013-1-31

The 3720 CW mux scans in fine even on my 1.2M miniBUD with C2.

I read it wrong. It is 10290 and it's dated 2013-2-18

I haven't played with C-band for a while, but I remember most of these were labeled as scrambled even though they were ITC. You're not just doing an FTA scan, right?

It appears that was the problem. Got them now. I prefer to just do an FTA scan because if I scan all channels I get a bunch of encrypted stuff that I can't view and it takes time to delete them from the channel list.

I hate doing scans for all channels on any satellite that is co-located with or even adjacent to a DBS satellite. FTA Only scans weed out hundreds of encrypted channels on such birds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts