MicroHD Picture Quality and Steadiness

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I had a chance to observe side by side picture quality yesterday while scanning in channels to the Micro. I had both my Manhattan and Micro connected thru a splitter to a fixed 1.8m dish pointed at the 37.5w "pond hopper" sat. I was watching the Wimbledon Open HD. The picture on the Manhattan was good, but the Micro had noticeably sharper detail, color depth and contrast. But the best was no stuttering or freezing on the Micro. The Manhattan which does better than a Openbox in this area, did have very short freezes that would make the ball jump 10ft at times. The Micro did very well with this fast moving live sports event. Gota be the fast processor and very generous memory!

I had my old Fortec running side by side in PIP on my TV. Same size PIP. I had it on the same channel and the microhd looked better hands down. I was impressed that even SD looked better.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Even watching via a Slingbox via the SD connection on the microHD I am surprised by the picture quality.

Attachments

• rfd.jpg
    rfd.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 229
I'm green with envy! By the time mine arrives you guys would have observed and pointed out all the good features, leaving me with nothing to brag about! :rolleyes:

I agree with the picture quality even on the SD. I was testing out the DVR Friday night and for a test I recorded the sunset on the north pier camera on 103W.

One thing I ran into right away was the box is so light, the weight of the switches and cables kept pulling the receiver back off the shelf. I had to use one longer cable and reroute my wiring to prevent it.:eek:

rv1pop said:
I don't have a problem with my C-64. that the Epyx FastLoad will fix. I do not have a way to make the LAN work.

Get yourself a serial to Ethernet converter. There isn't a market for the iHubs or weather adapters, so put these devices to work as they were intended! I have a LAN-tronix unit or two doing just this, enabling Ethernet communication with devices that only think RS-232.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Bongu said:
Get yourself a serial to Ethernet converter. There isn't a market for the iHubs or weather adapters, so put these devices to work as they were intended! I have a LAN-tronix unit or two doing just this, enabling Ethernet communication with devices that only think RS-232.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Whoa, i wonder if such a beast might work with a TRS-80?

My Timex Sinclair is a bit older than the wonderful TRS-80. What model do you have? I have only used the original and the model III.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)