GEOSATpro microHD recycle of death again

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
oops...let me just say if you have troubles with the old fashioned cable where you have to connect the pins to each, I have found the labeling on my USB connector has TX and RX reversed :rant:

An hour of trouble could have been saved in 2 minutes.

Last edited:
THANK YOU !!! Apparently mine has the TX and RX pins mislabeled also. I retried again with mine after reading this with the connectors swapped and success!!! I had the LZMA.exe error also but was able to click OK and the program continued.

Lol well that was sure nice of them.

Glad u got it working.

Now it's time for a wireless solution or am I just lazy? (I do think its more fun to write channel maps with Ali editor then the USB port but its more work that's why I can't get this idea out of my head)

Last edited:
THANK YOU !!! Apparently mine has the TX and RX pins mislabeled also. I retried again with mine after reading this with the connectors swapped and success!!! I had the LZMA.exe error also but was able to click OK and the program continued.

Which board has the reversed labels? Can you post a picture of it?

txrx.jpg

On mine, it's the 5-Pin dual voltage (3.3/5) TTL with dual female connector cable. When my microHD went bad the first time, I readjusted things so many times, I didn't pay attention as to whether or not I had the TX and RX reversed. On the back labels, mine reads 3.3v, 5.0v, txd, rxd, gnd.

I bet the new plastic plug for the pin connectors would work wonders. Even with this discovery, my computer still didn't want to connect to the stb about 65% of the time, and it's all because of the contacts. It's not just a matter of making a connection -- the connectors prefer a very precise and certain direction to make good contact with the pins. Sometimes I'd swear I didn't make any changes between attempts. One attempt would be no recognition of the port, the next five would be a recognition of port but no data contact, then no port again, back and forth, and suddenly you'd have success. As a previous person mentioned, I'd love an alternative way to do this: a wireless solution, or one through the standard USB port with a "load first" function, a soft reset through a combination of button presses on the remote on boot up, or a hard reset button -- but I can't imagine how that could be done on this machine.

DANG!! I sure wish I'd known this before...LOL!!

Couldn't the firmware's boot sequence be modified to look for a certain type file at the USB port before it does anything else, and, if it finds it, loads it, and if it's not there, then it just goes through normal boot?

You know, I still think it has something to do with Satellites being activated or not.
I've been using mine with all my sats activated, and it's been great, no issue at all.
But, the other day, I decided to de-activate one or two sats, I don't remember the exact number, but I know it was at least one that I had channels scanned in from.
Within a few minutes, it re-booted for no apparent reason.
I went back and activated the sats again, and not a problem since then.

Could be a coincidence, but I think it might be worth looking into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)