GEOSATpro microHD - Tuning LPBS on 87W

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE

I've mentioned before about the MicroHD's difficulty in tuning LPBS off 87W. I took my cell phone and videoed the behavior.

It will lock almost immediately, then the signal will break then lose lock. After a few seconds the signal will snap back and hold a good lock.

Anyone else see this specific behavior? I'm using a 90cm GeosatPro dish with the SL1PLL LNBF. All other channels on this sat and other ku sats seem to tune OK and none act this way. It does this practically every time I tune to this transponder from another transponder.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking it may be causing some DVR issues with missed recordings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I should also add that I have an AZBox HD+ Premium and an Amiko MiniHD that don't show the same behavior. I don't think it's my equipment/setup, because of this. But ya never know!

The video is private and cannot watch...

My home set-up is the microHD, 90cm, SL1PLL. Locks reliably and records daily.

You may have stated in another thread, switches inline? Sounds like a switch sticking or not defined.

Tried a different LNBF? Test with a different coax?

You are welcome to RMA the unit for testing.

Florida comes in weak but holds steady. My dish is on a motor and hits from 30w to 125w.

I have the same receiver, dish, PLL FLNB as you and I've never had a problem with LPB_HD here in California. Signal strength is 70-75% and fluctuates a little. I do have problems with the FLORIDA CHANNEL. It comes and goes. Good luck on figuring out what the problem could be.

Remove the switch and see if the signal locks on a direct connection. If so, put the switch back in line and disconnect from the C-band LNBF and see if the signal locks.

What model C-band LNBF?

Last edited:
I had a similar issue that turned out to be a 8X1 switch that sometimes gave a frozen picture a then took a minute or so to relock a signal again. In my case, changing sats or channels helped with the sticky switching. But it wasn't limited to one channel or satellite and it did prevent scheduled recordings if it didn't get a signal immediately.

Now was able to watch the video.

I wonder if there is some signal leakage between switch ports?

I had a combination once where the combination of the LNBFs and the switch did something very similar. The problem only happened when the C-band dish was aimed a specific satellite and the receiver was tuned to a specific KU transponder. The spectrum analyzer displayed a similar IF on both the C and KU band LNBFs. If the C-band dish was aimed at another satellite or if the C-band LNBF was disconnected, the problem went away.

Swapped to a better quality switch and the problem was resolved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)