GEOSATpro MicroHD Update and Reception

Debbi

Original poster
Mar 23, 2006
Just got my new MicroHD and the power finally came back after 5 days of darkness and 25" of snow here in northern Michigan. I'm trying to pull in Rural TV on my 8 foot dish. I'm not able to get a signal, I've tweaked the dish east and west to no avail. I've got a terrific signal on ION. If I update the firmware will it improve my reception at all or am I just out of luck? I manually put in the TP for Rural TV and ran a scan with "no program" as the result. I'd appreciate any advice -

Just got my new MicroHD and the power finally came back after 5 days of darkness and 25" of snow here in northern Michigan. I'm trying to pull in Rural TV on my 8 foot dish. I'm not able to get a signal, I've tweaked the dish east and west to no avail. I've got a terrific signal on ION. If I update the firmware will it improve my reception at all or am I just out of luck? I manually put in the TP for Rural TV and ran a scan with "no program" as the result. I'd appreciate any advice -

An update will slightly improve the receiver performance, but if nothing is currently received, it won't suddenly come in.

What is the TP frequency, polarity and Symbol Rate that is entered for Rural TV?

Did you adjust the LNB feedhorn skew?

Are other single channel transponders coming in?

It is possible to receive the fatter signals of a QPSK DVBS transponder with many channels on it, but not be able to lock onto a weaker DVB S2 MPEG 4 transponder with a single channel.

The dish and LNB will need to be optimized to receive Rural TV.

Rural tv is DVB-S2 and Ion is just DVB-S, which is much easier to get. Perhaps your dish getting 2 feet of snow on it has tweaked it just enough to keep you from receiving it. That is, if you were able to receive it before last weeks big storm? An 8 foot dish is borderline for many S2 c-band signals, unless it's peaked quite well.

Have you cleaned off the snow with a snow-rake?

Rural TV; 3927 H 2450 QPSK S2 480i
Only getting 60% Q on the 10' dish. I have tried this TP in the past with the 8' spun aluminum dish with poor results. Can get a signal but breaks up or cuts out completely, but this was using a basic C-band LNBF. Maybe with a C-band ortho and good sharp LNBs there might be enough of an improvment to work acceptably.

Just noticing I am getting some very minute breaking up on the 10' dish this evening..

Too bad we can't get RFD TV anymore but Rural TV is ok too. Porter Wagoner is just starting; time for some old tyme foot stompin' country music! :)

I agree that Rural TV is kinda touchy to bring in on an 6-8' Dish. Sometimes I have to bump the dish just right to get on the 10'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts