GEOSATpro MicroHD: Video to go!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ayelvington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
Russell, PA
I am appreciate my MicroHD more and more every day. The recording function has been a blessing since I'm not up late at night to catch a lot of feeds. I have wanted to show programs at friends homes, but didn't want to take the receiver with. I was delighted when I discovered that my Micca Speck 1080p Media Player will play recorded video from the MicroHD!

The MicroHD breaks programs up into sections instead of one huge file, so it looks like you can "over-record" and just take the segments that you want. On my test list.

Here's a video on the player if you aren't familiar with it:

I'll transfer some files from the hard drive to a flash drive and see if the read speed is good enough for the 1080p programs that I've captured.

Thanks for sharing Alan. Pretty neat little device.

The recorded file chunks can be added back together to make one file of the program. Each chunk has a duplicate, set number of bytes from the end of one chunk that are also in the next chunk. If you simply just add the files together, there will be a blip in the recording when you play it back. The program TSDoctor will put the recordings back together and eliminate the overlap in each chunk. If you wish to edit the recordings, VideoReDo is an excellent program that a lot of the members here use for editing their recordings, removing commercials, etc. USB sticks can become a problem if too slow when recoding a high bit rate program. Hard drives have a better time keeping up with recordings. Having said that I find USB sticks fine for recording low bit rate programs like RetroTV and COZI.

Reactions: ayelvington
I'd also like to thank you for sharing. I think I'll get one of these to use when we travel. I've been taking one of my WDTV media players but this will do everything I'd need while traveling.

Also much easier (and cheaper) to replace if anything were to happen to it.

Reactions: ayelvington

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts