microHD, X2 Premium HD receivers and Titanium PLL-1KS LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Have been testing/playing with the microHD the X2 Premium HD the new Titanium PLL-1KS LNB, and getting very interesting results with the two receivers.

When using the microHD with the Titanium PLL-1KS and single scanning of satellites from 72W to 125W, that combination is able to receive most of the KU channels available.

When using the X2 Premium HD with the Titanium PLL-1KS and scanning the same satellites, ALL of the satellites TPs are doubled scanned. I would like to point out that I am using the 1.2M dish with the GEOSATpro GS 120 dish motor with no switches or anything else inline.

Receiving Cozi ( 68% to 74%) without the crazy skew but not much else from that satellite. Do not want to lose what I already have, so left things as they are for right now.

Comments are welcomed.

Compare the X2 duplicate channels and see if they are the same TP frequency.

Verify the LO setting. Standard LO 10750 or Universal?

Thanks Brian, the LO setting it was set at 9750/10600, changed it to 10750 and it is working good. Did not get a chance to verify if the TP frequency were the same since the duplicates TPs were deleted as soon as the scanning was done...In the process, I moved the dish a little bit, now have to find the sweet spot again. I am very pleased with the Titanium PLL-1KS LNB.

Thanks again

Good results with this new LNB on 125w PBS HD feeds.

I recently installed one of these new Titanium PLL Ku LNBFs on the 90cm GeosatPro dish that we use for the PBS feeds on 125w.

The increase in signal stability over the JSC321 that it replaced is very noticeable.

It was too cold to do extensive comparison testing "in the field" the evening I installed it, but I have not had any signal dropouts on the Ku PBS HD feeds since installing the new Titanium PLL Ku LNBF. Previously, with the JSC321, which was the best performing Ku LNBF I had tested, we would often get signal dropouts and pixelating/freezing when we had bad weather.

STB used is GeosatPro MicroHD.

I have not been able to pick up a PBS anything on 125 west for sometime.

All I can pick up is

1 Microspace some beach camera

2-5 FedEx Cha$

6 TEST CHA$

7 FXTV CHA$

I have not been able to pick up a PBS anything on 125 west for sometime.

All I can pick up is

2-5 FedEx Cha$

6 TEST CHA$

7 FXTV CHA$

That's because you are on 103w, Friend, not 125w. The feeds you listed are on 103w. :)

That's because you are on 103w, Friend, not 125w. The feeds you listed are on 103w. :)

Um no I am not. I messed up when I last posted my bad.
All I can pick up is

2-5 FedEx Cha$

6 TEST CHA$

7 FXTV CHA$ on 103. I cannot receive the nbc network hd channels. Only feeds
And on 125 you talk about, I am getting nothing notta. No channels and not even a transponder

The NBC channels are using a funny skew compared to the beach cam feeds. They are about 20 degrees off the normal skew. I can only get West and central ocassionally with the normal skew.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

All the channels on 125w are still there. Try aligning with the claro encrypted channels as they are the strongest.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

125 W Ku is a real tough one for a lot of people to receive, been quite a few threads on it. I have a tough time with it here. Sometimes I get it, sometimes not.

Try like SatPhreak suggested, but first make sure there's no trees, buildings, etc, blocking your signal. For me here it's a real low elevation, 20, I think? In the summer when the leaves are on the trees, I lose it completely. I think the 11760/H/30000 Claro is the one that comes in strongest for me here.

So how do I make this work? This is a motorized ku dish 1.2 meter with a single standard lnbf. If I adjust the lnbf skew then other sats will be messed up.

You will have to craft a way to add a second LNBF beside the primary one.

125w is a problem for me until I get the dish horizontally positioned correctly. usually I position the dish using 125w and 83w, making sure that 97w, my south satellite is good. once I have both ends working, everything works properly. sometimes Montana pbs does not show up on the blind scan so I have to go to the tp scan to get it in. charlie

125w is a problem for me until I get the dish horizontally positioned correctly. usually I position the dish using 125w and 83w, making sure that 97w, my south satellite is good. once I have both ends working, everything works properly.

So you must be using a fixed dish if I am hearing you correctly.

So how do I make this work? This is a motorized ku dish 1.2 meter with a single standard lnbf. If I adjust the lnbf skew then other sats will be messed up.

So what you will need is a PLL LNB. I'm using the Avenger PLL on the motorized 31" dish. By twisting the LNB about 10[SUP]0[/SUP] from its normal position, which is 0[SUP]0[/SUP] skew, all the oddball skewed TPs on 103w lock in just fine. Also the other sats are still OK, with slightly lower Q. Even the hard to get Montana PBS on 125W locks in. Additionally the PLL is less affected by rain fade and other weather.

So what you will need is a PLL LNB. I'm using the Avenger PLL on the motorized 31" dish. By twisting the LNB about 10[SUP]0[/SUP] from its normal position, which is 0[SUP]0[/SUP] skew, all the oddball skewed TPs on 103w lock in just fine. Also the other sats are still OK, with slightly lower Q. Even the hard to get Montana PBS on 125W locks in. Additionally the PLL is less affected by rain fade and other weather.

What is the model of the pll lnbf you are using? Also is it standard or universal. I need universal so I will not have conflict with 22k switching.

What is the model of the pll lnbf you are using? Also is it standard or universal. I need universal so I will not have conflict with 22k switching.

You will need a standard LNB. A universal LNB such as the Avenger PLL321S-2 that I am using, ties up the 22khz tone switching.

So if you require a standard 10750, then the only one that I know of is the GeoSat SL1 PLL.
Update: I guess the Titanium PLL is the same as the Geosat PLL.

Last edited:
Glover,

If you have a motorized 1.2 metre dish and cannot receive anything on 125, then your dish alignment is off. A Pll lnb will not help anything at this point. Get your dish tracking the arc properly first.

Catamount

You will need a standard LNB. A universal LNB such as the Avenger PLL321S-2 that I am using, ties up the 22khz tone switching.

So if you require a standard 10750, then the only one that I know of is the GeoSat SL1 PLL.
Update: I guess the Titanium PLL is the same as the Geosat PLL.

That is the one thats on it now LOL. It came off my 36" geosat pro dish when I got my new duel lnbf. I just took a picture five minutes ago.
S6302521.JPG
When you say 10 degrees, looking at this picture, me standing in front, will I turn it left or right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)