Microsoft details Xbox One 24-hour online check, used game policies, and Kinect privacy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, that's too much hassle for a game system. I think I'm going to pass on it, unless something changes. I'll wait and see what the complete details on the PS4 are. If it's not any better, then I'll stick with PC games.

If it does it automatically, I would not have a problem with it, but they do seem to be making it more difficult than it needs to be. Also, the rental industry appears to be on the brink of collapse.

If it does it automatically, I would not have a problem with it, but they do seem to be making it more difficult than it needs to be. Also, the rental industry appears to be on the brink of collapse.

I'm sure it will all be automatic and most of us will never even know it's happening. Most of us leave our Xbox connected to the Internet at all times anyways so we can use Xbox live features. Unless you frequently travel with your Xbox I don't see why it would be a big deal. It's easier to leave your system connected to the internet than plug in and unplug the ethernet or connect and disconnect from WiFi all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PC is my main gaming system and it will stay that way going forward. There is still a place for consoles in my living room though. Several of my favorite games are console exclusives. I want to be able to play games like the last of us. I also like using gamefly for some new releases because I'm not paying full price for new games anymore. Those days are done for me. I'll rent on console or buy on sale on my PC.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not necessarily, the potential exists that some titles will be even more locked down than their Xbox One counterparts depending on the options Sony provides them (like their marrying a disc to a console patent).

I think it's fairly likely we're going to have similar methods on both consoles, but I can see E3 coming and going with us still having more questions and answers about used games because I'm sure publishers are probably still debating what they want to do. Rooting for MS to allow a disc in the drive to bypass the online check (for those who're disconnected for one reason or another) but really the games and price points are all that are left to sway me, and the HDMI passthrough stuff has me (and more importantly my wife who doesn't game at all) leaning heavily MS.

Rec'd an email from Redbox related to this yesterday:

The future of gaming is now!

The future of gaming is beginning to be unveiled this week! And have you heard about the changes that might be coming to video gaming? Come share what excites you and what concerns you!

The future of video gaming is being decided this week, as amazing new game consoles are beginning to be unveiled. Industry experts are talking right now about the potential features and benefits of these new consoles.

Have you heard about what’s coming? Reports say that Microsoft’s Xbox One and Sony’s PlayStation 4 might have enhanced graphics, enhanced motion control, cloud-based storage, new games and experiences. But you might not be able to play without an Internet connection, lend games freely, buy used games or rent games.

We want to provide a forum for you to talk about what excites you about the future of gaming… and what concerns you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)