Microsoft patents GPS Ghetto Avoidance software for Windows Phone

I dont even really see it as politically incorrect (although I am sure some will)
They arent calling it "ghetto avoidance" and it just uses crime stats.
Great idea IMHO

I love this idea, as my wife travels all around sometimes to take photos, and also for errands for the kids, the idea behind this is to keep them safe...great great idea in my book...Windows phones have shown a lot of creativity lately, and the fact they they are as smooth as butter is a huge positive right Msmith :D

I'm been calling for the creation of this type of GPS-add on for years, should have done something about that. :D

I'm surprised it has taken this long to come up with this. :)

I love this idea, as my wife travels all around sometimes to take photos, and also for errands for the kids, the idea behind this is to keep them safe...great great idea in my book...Windows phones have shown a lot of creativity lately, and the fact they they are as smooth as butter is a huge positive right Msmith :D
Haha, no doubt.

I sold my windows phone to sister. She had ben using a HTC Desire, and was considering the Iphone. Anyway, still under contract, so the cost to upgrade would have been high, so I offered to let her try it, then she could decide and pay me.

She had it a day and wrote me a check. She LOVES it.

Im telling you, they have a great product with that OS, and I think this one is here to stay with just a little more traction.

Todd I couldnt agree with you more, and I loved my windows phone 7, I think if the hardware matched the software I would have still had it, but the first batch of phones were no where near future proof...

Haha, no doubt.

I sold my windows phone to sister. She had ben using a HTC Desire, and was considering the Iphone. Anyway, still under contract, so the cost to upgrade would have been high, so I offered to let her try it, then she could decide and pay me.

She had it a day and wrote me a check. She LOVES it.

Im telling you, they have a great product with that OS, and I think this one is here to stay with just a little more traction.

In your neck of the woods, it would be avoid un-named dirt roads that Garmin thinks are the quickest way from point to point. LOL

Anybody notice this???

Abstract

As a pedestrian travels, various difficulties can be encountered, such as traveling through an unsafe neighborhood or being in an open area that is subject to harsh temperatures. A route can be developed for a person taking into account factors that specifically affect a pedestrian. Moreover, the route can alter as a situation of a user changes; for instance, if a user wants to add a stop along a route.

Claims

What is claimed is:

2. The system of claim 1, wherein a substantial portion of the direction set takes a user along a route that is not maneuverable by an automobile.

3. The system of claim 1, further comprising a disclosure component that provides the direction set to the pedestrian.

If you have been in NYC and use google maps you can see what they are talking about. It knows all the bus and subway schedules and will direct you to the fastest route that constantely changes depending on the train/bus schedule. Now MS just wants you to keep you out of certain areas, I wonder if it changes the routes after dark?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts