Microstutters?-Nope.

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Was never quite sure what this was all about until last night (I think). On some of the sat channels last night, saw momentary audio/video pause accompanied by pixelization and picture break-up. This was non-stop. Was not on all channels though. I thought that this new download was to cure microstutters, not create them where they were never present before. What goes??!! Has anyone else seen this?

No, what you are describing does not sound like the microstutter problem. The microstutters that most talked about were not accompanied by pixelization and picture break-up. They were not noticible by everyone either and seemed to occur on ALL channels, not just some.

I had the same thing last night on all channels. I rebooted receiver and it was gone.

Im having the same problem the picture will freeze,loose audio,it happens every three to five minutes.I rebooted receiver it stopped then this morning it started again,rebooting didnt help.This all started with the new software...

Same problem here. Definately related to OTA strength.

It's worse with a rotor. Say you had the Voom box tuned to a channel, then switch it over to a satellite channel. Now say someone wants to watch OTA on another tv, so they turn the rotor to get their channel in. Now the previous OTA channel you had on your Voom box has a weak signal, so your satellite picture pixelates and freezes occasionally.

Ugh. This needs to be fixed. I can't believe satellite signal quality is tied into OTA signal quality.

-John

Hi:
Luckily, I have one OTA that almost always has a good signal but what are people in marginal-reception areas supposed to do? Also, what happens late at night when some of the OTA's stop broadcasting their digital signal? Will this problem be un-correctable? I can't believe VOOM didn't pick this up in testing. It only took me 10 minutes to notice it.
Joseph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts