Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Hi,

So finaly got myself new motor for my fathers WineGuard dish now little rusty as on setup.
I assembled whole thing according the instrucition and set my elevation according my latitude elevation happens to be 45 but what set the elvation at on dish self at?
The microyal manual is not very detailed i not fan microtal product but someone made me offer can not refuse.
Also what would be true south i am at Latitude:45 Longitude:73
It being since installed a motor so need guys helps.

Thanks,

Tony :)

If your motor is the SG-2100, set your motor elevation to your latitude on the left-hand scale (the latitude scale) printed on the motor bracket.

Your dish elevation should be 30 minus the declination (see the declination chart included with the motor). For me in New Orleans, declination is about 5 degrees, so my dish elevation is 25.

Can the motor be connected and powered throught DiSEqC 2.0 4 in 1 switch or for should try directlty to their reciever instead?

if SBS6 is my TS it will be difficult as their trees where itshould be according to my good old pal the compass.
Any suggestion and no the trees can not be cut.

Thanks,

First try without the switch.

I would suggest to try it first without the disc switch insatlled, as I spent a few hours today aligning my motor only to find out once I put the disc switch in line, my quality dropped from MAX to about 35. I tried two different types of switches, a disc 2.0 and a 22khz both with similar results. Ended up not using a switch..... for now untill I find out why I am getting the big loss of quality in my signal. You can always add the switch in after you have the dish aligned.
Your true south is your longitude, 73, at 72.5 there is a DBS satellite, but this will be encrypted and also will be circular polarity and not linear. At 74 you have SBS 6, just check on lyngsat for the satellite positions. A few degrees to the west you have AMC 5 at 79, transponder 11742 has a strong signal and 12181 I find is a little weaker. Good to use 11742 to find the satellite and then 12182 to do a secondary peaking.
For reference:
AMC 5
TP 11742 SR 11110 Vertical
TP 12182 SR 23000 Horizontal

As I view mostly G10R, I peak on that satellite using TP 11799 first (a strong signal) then use 11720 as this one usually is problems for most people. (check the posts about this transponder)
For reference
TP 11799 SR 26657 Vertical
TP 11720 SR 27692 Vertical

Hope this helps you out....Larry

To save your switch from premature burn-out, it should be between the motor and the LNB. Connect your system this way:

Receiver > Motor > DiSEqC Switch > LNB

Tron said:
To save your switch from premature burn-out, it should be between the motor and the LNB. Connect your system this way:

Receiver > Motor > DiSEqC Switch > LNB

Okay i will change things around as i have switch right after receiver but why would switch prematurely burn out if used Receiver > DiSEqC Switch > Motor > LNB > is this because of extra load the motor put on it.

I wil try using AMC 5 TP 11742 SR 11110 Vertical and or TP 12182 SR 23000 Horizontal for my Truse South as SBS6 is behind a big tree AMC5 should be possible.

Thanks Tron and Larry1 i will lte guys know how turn's out.

I have being trying two 2 hours to catch a bird of any kind seeing cannot get amc5 or sbs6 thus far.
I have 93west T6,97west T5.
It set elvation/latitude for motor to 45 and dish's to 24 as declination angle is closer is 6.813 it closer so tried it 22-23 as well.
I still do not seem to able get anything in.
I am pushing motor to my desired location in small burst in hopes not going pass it but still success.

Any ideas???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts