Microyal MRX-900

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PilotS77

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
I know this is an older receiver - but they are still for sale and less expensive than many receivers with less features.

The receiver seems well build and very pleasant, silver colored with a black faced LED. It has a very easy to read green LED that displays the time when in stand-by mode, or the current channel when on.

The quality of the picture is excellent and the remote intuitive and well designed.

It drives without any problems an SG-2100 motor and has a good user interface. The layout of the screens seems logical.

It displays for several seconds the quality of each channel when you first select it - a great future in my opinion.

Programming it is very easy and the remote uses color coded programming buttons that help you avoid mistakes.

Editing on any parameter is very easy and clearly labeled.

While it does have DiSEqC 1.2 and drives the motor without a problem it can only return to zero from the settings menu - you can not sent it to a specific X from the receiver. You have to do that manually outside at the motor.

It has a nice feature that will tell you if you can theoretically view any satellite by entering your Longitude and Latitude, and of course the location of the satellite.

When it locks on a satellite not only the color of the strength and quality bars change but also there is amber light that illuminates on the receiver - this is great for channels that might have no video/audio but still part of the link, you do not have to enter setup to make sure you are locked on the bird.

You must scan a satellite to ensure that you are on it - that is a negative since you need to have a live transporter programmed in order to see quality - however it is juts an annoyance and not a serious problem. Once you have any quality it seems to almost immediately register even the smallest change/movement.

Overall I think this is a great starter receiver or a good back up - if you have any questions do ask me and enjoy the pictures.

A small addition - if you desire a receiver for specific channels and blind searching is not important to you this is the best receiver. When I loose a channel on mu Fortec Lifetime Ultra I can still see it in the Microyal without adjusting anything at all.

John

Attachments

• mrx-900.jpg
    mrx-900.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 423
  • mrx-900-remote.jpg
    mrx-900-remote.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 394
  • IMAG0049.JPG
    IMAG0049.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 585
  • IMAG0056.JPG
    IMAG0056.JPG
    387.4 KB · Views: 439
  • imag0053.JPG
    imag0053.JPG
    669.1 KB · Views: 406
A small addition - if you desire a receiver for specific channels and blind searching is not important to you this is the best receiver. When I loose a channel on mu Fortec Lifetime Ultra I can still see it in the Microyal without adjusting anything at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)