Mid Sunday ad for VOOM national tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Today at 12:00 they are showing a 30 minute spot for VOOM service this is not on Discovery or some cable channel but on channel 9 in the DC area which is CBS,just cheked it running now

I saw the same 30 min spot for VOOM this morning on Fox in NY. What the hell is going on here?

Those contracts were probably put in place some time ago...before the sale of the sat.

Lob

I guess that ment that they paid in full up front,it would be easier to brech the contract and pay a penatly that is usually 1/2 of the contracted amount and save yourself some money

Lobstah said:
Those contracts were probably put in place some time ago...before the sale of the sat.

Lob

Don't make a difference if they bought the time before the sale. VOOM could. have ordered the time cancelled with little or no percentage penalty and still had saved money if that was the intention. I have done that many times and even pulled commercials that were fully produced and never aired within hours of scheduled time. Standard NAB contracts usually have a provision for a cancellation penalty but many stations don't enforce that option. Usually the cost to sue the contract language is more than the cost of the time cancelled. At the Network level, it can be more restrictive but not impossible to cancel and still save some money. The question should be, did VOOM get calls from those infomercials and was there someone there answering and taking orders. It is more than just the cost of the airtime that is involved.

IMHO, Voom must continue to provide service pending the fcc decision.

What if the fcc says no to the sale of the satellite frequencys? That bird wouldn't be worth much by itself if voom was already shut down. But, if Voom is still growing, it could possibly attract some investors.

called CSR today, and the person I talked to seem quite upbeat. They seem to truely believe that they will be around, and the programming will continue.

Just based on the continued advertising, and ongoing installations, I think it is almost guareented that Voom will be around at least until the FCC decision. If that were not the case it would not make sense to continue the advertising or the installations. Both cost more money short term then they generate.

smasuch said:
IMHO, Voom must continue to provide service pending the fcc decision.

That's correct. But there is a difference between continuing service and agressively pursuing growth. The latter is what we are observing.....

jeslevine said:
Just based on the continued advertising, and ongoing installations, I think it is almost guareented that Voom will be around at least until the FCC decision. If that were not the case it would not make sense to continue the advertising or the installations. Both cost more money short term then they generate.

Very good points and makes some logical sense from a money point of view. I hope you are right.

According to Scott, all the ads are going to stop Feb 1, 2004. So I guess these ads can be run until Jan 31, 2004.

jimmykce1 said:
According to Scott, all the ads are going to stop Feb 1, 2004. So I guess these ads can be run until Jan 31, 2004.

Where did you get this info? Last he mentioned was this forum was continuing Voom ads in February? Just wondering....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)