Miguel Cotto vs. Austin Trout (Showtime Boxing) Saturday, 1 Dec 2012 (9:00 PM ET)

Cotto seems to be a sore loser though. The interviewer was trying to ask him questions and Cotto just kept walking away. Yes he lost twice in a row now but his record is still good and I'm sure there are fighters out there who still want to fight him and I don't think there isn't much of a reason for him to quit boxing.

He just doesn't seem to want to be in the fight business any longer. I can understand him wanting to retire and spend time with the family...but come, he's what...32? I was deployed overseas away from my family for a year making peanuts in the military at that age. So what's he going to do at age 32? Sit around the house for the next 40-50 years hoping he invested his boxing earning well enough to take care of his family? Other than when he's training for a fight, boxing is pretty much a 9-5 job 8-9 months of the year. He should stay devoted to boxing as long as he's healthy and not taking any beatings.

Cotto seems to be a sore loser though. The interviewer was trying to ask him questions and Cotto just kept walking away. Yes he lost twice in a row now but his record is still good and I'm sure there are fighters out there who still want to fight him and I don't think there isn't much of a reason for him to quit boxing.

Not true. They interviewed him in the back (stated by his words and body language by a Puerto Rican newspaper) that he was very disappointed and is contemplating retirement.

He just doesn't seem to want to be in the fight business any longer. I can understand him wanting to retire and spend time with the family...but come, he's what...32? I was deployed overseas away from my family for a year making peanuts in the military at that age. So what's he going to do at age 32? Sit around the house for the next 40-50 years hoping he invested his boxing earning well enough to take care of his family? Other than when he's training for a fight, boxing is pretty much a 9-5 job 8-9 months of the year. He should stay devoted to boxing as long as he's healthy and not taking any beatings.

He is just not good enough to beat the new young guns anymore. And if that is the case, it ain't worth getting your brains scrambled if the money ain't good and its not for a championship.

I have read he has invested his money wisely....so if he retires, he should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)