Milwaukee HD locals

For those of us reading Dish HD Discussions, Milwaukee is on the list of potential markets for 2006. Dish has said nothing more than that. Anyone hear anything from local sources?

Cable Guy, I'm sorry, but those channels are not Milwaukee hd locals. I checked them and they are pay per view movie channels. Where did you come up with those numbers? Are those Time Warner HD cable channels in Milwaukee? This is the Dish Network Forum not the Time Warner Cable forum.

Last edited:
Does anyone know for sure if Milwaukee, WI HD locals are going to be added this year?

I thought I'd post to get this back up! I too was wondering this...Have not heard anything lately and as we can see they were not uplinked by the end of 2006...so anyone hear of they are coming this year to Milwaukee subs? Would be great to know! Been putting off getting the 622 because no HD locals yet...but now sounds good that I did with new promo coming out!

(ps...I too live in Sheboygan Russell...(saw you do in a diff thread)...patiently awaiting HD locals!!!)

WANT THEM NOW!!! :eek:

I thought I'd post to get this back up! I too was wondering this...Have not heard anything lately and as we can see they were not uplinked by the end of 2006...so anyone hear of they are coming this year to Milwaukee subs? Would be great to know! Been putting off getting the 622 because no HD locals yet...but now sounds good that I did with new promo coming out!

(ps...I too live in Sheboygan Russell...(saw you do in a diff thread)...patiently awaiting HD locals!!!)

WANT THEM NOW!!! :eek:

I'd just get yourself a HD OTA antenna. Even when dish DOES have HD Milwaukee locals, they won't be as sharp as the OTA HD locals thanks to HD Lite.

I'd just get yourself a HD OTA antenna. Even when dish DOES have HD Milwaukee locals, they won't be as sharp as the OTA HD locals thanks to HD Lite.

That is a good point but I live 60 some miles from Milwaukee and would need a large outdoor antenna and really don't want one as that kind of defeats the purpose of having a clean install of dish...:(

I got tired of waiting and put up an outdoor antenna. I can get all the Milwaukee stations and Green Bay stations. All with a signial strength of 95 to 100%. Besides I have been told that I would have to upgrade to a Dish 1000+ to get the locals if and when they come on line. After starting with a Super dish and HD DVR and having to upgrade to a Dish 1000 and a 622 HD DVR in less than a year and recommiting to another 18 mo. with Dish I decided enough is enough and went OTA. I get a good signal durring thunder storms when the sat. goes out so I think I will allways get my locals this way. Besides they do look much better than Dish's HD.

Inquiries of this nature are generally pointless.

There are NO secrets here.

If anyone knew anything, they would rush to post it forst.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)