Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
hi all
my scaler rings should be in soon and my c band/ku lnb,so i would like to know what is the strongest tp/sat for cband in my area(north of 55 Manitoba canada) .
my true south is 97 so to make it easier should i just peak ku first?
thanks guys

For analog, I've had good reception on my 36" dish on 99W. I haven't been able to lock any DVB signals (A few have registered durning blindscans, but nothing strong enough to lock). From my research into the topic, it appears that the easiest ones to lock onto are on Anik 1 @ 107.3

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Recently I have not had much luck with 107.3 (It was good a few months ago and suddenly got too weak to receive :() with my 1.2 Meter dish, I would recommend 99W since it is strong and close to your true South satellite. 121 Is also a strong satellite.

121 is the strongest sat IMO. STO is probably the strongest.
There is a tp on 99 that is probably the strongest for that sat, but since it is a feed, I can't say in public.
I think that they is a null TP up there in the 3700~ V range that is really strong.

107.3 has weaken some, but I can still get the Quebec mux and ASN around 53Q (was about 66 a few months ago).

As far as what to peak first, what type of LNB are you using? And what dish are you placing it on? If you are motorizing, then it may be best to peak on a standard KU and make sure that you are good aross the arc. Then.....place your Cband LNB on. The focal point for Cband is much larger so you should be good after that. Try peaking a hot TP first and make sure that your skew is good. Try a tp on the other side (V or H) and peak from there. Compare it to a weaker TP to make sure you've got a good FP.

Ex. G23 (121) STO and TVW are really hot (80+) while the A&E mux is a little weak (33-46). You may want give up a little SQ on STO/TVW if it increases the A&E mux.
The HITN mux is also pretty strong and give you a veritical mux to peak.

BTW....if you are using a BSC621, you may have some probs with the KU side, so be forewarned. Its going to take some tweaking to get both :)

You essentially need to find a good balance :)

121 is the strongest sat IMO. STO is probably the strongest.

Ex. G23 (121) STO and TVW are really hot (80+) while the A&E mux is a little weak (33-46). You may want give up a little SQ on STO/TVW if it increases the A&E mux.
The HITN mux is also pretty strong and give you a veritical mux to peak.

you're right. I can lock this sat with a 40x30 Primestar
STO...45-47 peaks to 57
TVW...30
HITN..60 :eek:

Attachments

• 000_0409.jpg
    000_0409.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 000_0410.jpg
    000_0410.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 000_0411.jpg
    000_0411.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Someone fill me in here....I thought one needed a CONICAL scalar ring to do c-band on an offset dish...Ice, you're just using a regular BSC-621 on that 84e with the stock scalar ring?

A flat ring can work. A concial on a offset is better. I've tried both and get a significant boost in SQ of my conical ring across the board.

yeppers. A conical one helps bring the semi-decent strength channels in. The jerry rig job I'm doing is just for fun and to see if it can be done.

This is the sat I got the most transponders to ping. On 99 I get World Harvest, ABC HD and the 4:2:2 mux there...all around 38-44 quality

What I do is aim the dish at a satellite with KU, remove the KU and slap the C-Band LNB back on and go form there. I have to raise the elevation a little bit to get it to work but it works :)

I don't think it is due to the weight, I have also noticed that I get a slightly better signal with C-band when I increase the dish's elevation (Compared to the location where my Ku band LNB is peaked).

I think it has something to do with using a prime focus LNB and scaler ring on an offset dish.

Is that due to the extra weight of the C-band LNB ?

nah. I think the focal point is off. I don;'t know. When I switched from the KU to the C-Band SportsTime Ohio was at 25-30 quality...jack it up 2 degrees or so and voila...45 steady and peaks of 60

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)