Mini-Budding On 97W With Fair Results.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Ok. After pondering and prosponing plans to switch LNBFs with both of the offset (Commercial 1.2M and the 1.0M) dished, decided to play with the 1.2M dish and the GEOSATpro CK1 LNBF, Viewsat Ultra to see if it could pickup some of the C band satellites from 97W

First of all I am using only one side or port of the GEOSATpro CK1 at a time, the setup is scanning all of the 97W Ku band, and even got some new ones to boot....Went to the C band side of the GEOSATpro CK1 and scanned the satellites, picked up some from the 97W as well as some from the 99.2W...So...it seems that there is some bleedover from 99.2W, or the GEOSATpro CK1 needs some minor tweaking.

The quality signal strenght from 97W KU band is on the high 60's, and the C band signal strenght is very low.... The Louisianan state bird (the mosquitoes) were very hungry so I quit while ahead.LOL!!.

Hopefully I get a chance to improve the C band quality signal tomorrow.

With MiniBuds, you can expect bleedover and fewer signals because of adjacent interference. What channels did you get off of 97?

With MiniBuds, you can expect bleedover and fewer signals because of adjacent interference. What channels did you get off of 97?

northgoergia,

On 97W, scanned The Walk @ 3843 V 2894, LATV @ 3839 V 2940, LWN, CW, and two more @ 3847 H 15030.

The bleedover from 99.2W were all LESEA (1-6) @ 4000 H 2640, GDMX 6-3, 6-5, 6-6 @ 3819 V 26000, Galaxy 575, 576, 578 @ 3845 15030

As stated earlier all of the C band TPs channels that came in were on the lower signal quality side.

P.S just noticed something on my signature that shows the Invacom model number to be wrong, tried to edit it, but do not know how to do that. Any help or instructions is appreciated.

Last edited:
That's pretty good for 97W. I wonder what you'd get on 113W...I know it's mostly Mexican stations there, but that's my favorite to try.

P.S just noticed something on my signature that shows the Invacom model number to be wrong, tried to edit it, but do not know how to do that. Any help or instructions is appreciated.

Up in the right hand corner, settings and then edit signature.

northgoergia,

On 97W, LATV @ 3839 V 2940, LWN, CW, and two more @ 3847 H 15030.

The channels with the symbol rate of 15030 are from the Puerto Rico Mux on Galaxy 16 on 99W. I use a mini-bud myself with a motor and with that setup there are more channels on 99W that can be received with a small dish than any other satellite currently.

Out of curiosity, I have to ask : Any of you mini-bud users ever aimed at 58W to see what you can pick up? There's some good free channels on 58 I currently have a 7.5' dish aimed at, but I would like to re-aim it for 137. Wondering if a mini-bud dish might get the DW or NHK stuff...

Don't have a mini-BUD yet, but can say a 5'9" Unimesh gets the NHK channels solidly. Is DW not scrambled ? Guess I didn't look. The small Unimesh got over 200 channels, most scrambled, with an old LNBF nothing fancy.

The only thing I could ever get (sometimes) on 58W in the clear was NHK. This is on a 90cm, so I'd think a 1 meter or larger should get NHK reliably. Other channels, no idea.

The channels with the symbol rate of 15030 are from the Puerto Rico Mux on Galaxy 16 on 99W. I use a mini-bud myself with a motor and with that setup there are more channels on 99W that can be received with a small dish than any other satellite currently.

How big is your dish and which motor are you using with your setup. The 1.2 M dish is stationary on NPRM, have not found a motor big enough to move it as of yet.

The dish is a 1.2 meter with a SG6100 motor. Works real good.

Strange?...Posted yesterday about 6.00 P.M, post is gone....Anyway, I went window shopping for the SG6100 motor, found the price to be fair and the stats were good....Noticed that it suppose to handle a dish up to 1.4M, but no mention of how much weight it can handle.

I have a 1.2M dish made out of fiberglass and it is heavy in comparison to a 1.2M metal dish.

Arion, would you post a picture of the back of your dish so it shows the motor and dish bracket maybe it will give me an idea of what is needed for my setup to work...The back of the 1.2M dish have a two, four bolts pattern and need to know which set of bolt pattern to use.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)