AMIKO Mini HD SE wireless issue

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
So, I have a dongle that does IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n made by Azio. This USB dongle works great in all my laptops and computers, but typically installs a driver first. I cannot get it to work on the Amiko ("No wireless device exist!!"). Is the dongle compatible? Am I missing a step in the set-up? Any help with those using this STB with wifi would be appreciated, including the dongle you use.

According to T134 over at FridgeFTA:

Amiko ALi based products like Mini HD SE only support the RT5370 chipset USB WiFi's. The driver is already built into the Amiko software. If your WiFi has RT5370 chipset it should work but we cannot guarantee that since it is not from Amiko. If your WiFi is any other chipset it will not work at all with Mini HD SE.

Source: http://www.fridgefta.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=35124&highlight=wifi#ixzz3L4ESBbgX
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

Reactions: northgeorgia
What ms6809e said is correct. Also I have some RT5370 USB dongles that will not work. So, it is finicky finding one that will.

It works! The Big2Small app is quite nice. As I suspected, you can tune your satellite to one station on your TV and view another station on the same transponder on your device...take it to the kitchen or to the bathroom! LOL Very cool :)

Be very careful buying a RT5370 usb device. Amazon has listings all over the place saying they have the RT5370 chipset. However they lie. I have ordered and sent back 9 different adapters. I guess what i'm trying to say is don't use amazon to order one.

Reactions: FaT Air
True. I was lucky this one worked and it was through a seller on eBay. If I had to do it over again, I'd spend the money to buy the brand made especially for the Amiko line of STBs (unless those are knock-offs, too!).

It works! The Big2Small app is quite nice. As I suspected, you can tune your satellite to one station on your TV and view another station on the same transponder on your device...take it to the kitchen or to the bathroom! LOL Very cool :)

I think I've talked myself out of using a wireless dongle, but maybe others out there might want one. Could you please let us know what dongle you are using and provide the name of the eBay seller. Thanks.

I dunno. Don't have an Az. Only recently got the Amiko mini HD SE. All I can add is one of my laptops running Linux Mint detect them and work without installing drivers.

A small wireless bridge such as a netgear wnce2001 (model N300) or wnce3001 (model N600) will work. They plug into the ethernet port. You can stick them on the back of your tv to hide them. They are about $50 on Amazon. I have the wnce4004 (4 port) I got on Amazon a while back. They sure beat running cat5 around the house for wired for only devices.

Last edited: