AMIKO Mini HD SE won't find fta channels

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
I have a mini HD SE that when I move the dish to a satellite with it all I see is 5 on quality like the lnb is hooked up
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1428872562.296881.jpg

Hook up he A3 or my tbs 6983 tuner card they both find and scan in channels with caring quality readings

So if the dish is already on the proper dish does it work fine? Curious if there is too much current draw somewhere or the power adapter flaking out?

Most likely not if other receivers are fine. Does it work if fine if it has not just got done powering a motor? Trying to figure out if it is a power supply issue. Try using the power supply from the A3 and see if you still have same issue.

Most likely not if other receivers are fine. Does it work if fine if it has not just got done powering a motor? Trying to figure out if it is a power supply issue. Try using the power supply from the A3 and see if you still have same issue.
Took the picture after using the a3 power cord still the same issue

Maybe reading too much into the photo representing the described problem, but there is no 11874 H 22000 on G19. Are you sure that an active transponder is selected on the mini HD SE for the satellite selected?

Switches in line and programmed? Is the LNB voltage measured at approx. 13vdc on horizontal and 18vdc on a vertical transponder?

What is the LO frequency setting?

Maybe reading too much into the photo representing the described problem, but there is no 11874 H 22000 on G19. Are you sure that an active transponder is selected on the mini HD SE for the satellite selected?

Switches in line and programmed? Is the LNB voltage measured at approx. 13vdc on horizontal and 18vdc on a vertical transponder?

What is the LO frequency setting?
There are two diplexers because I need to rune the satellite dish and cable service on the same coax line no switches yet will change that transponder when I get home I think 10750 but will double check that when I get home also don't know how to check lnb voltage

To check the LNB supply voltage, use a voltage meter set to the 20-50vdc range (or DC Auto). Touch the black probe to the coax shield and the red probe to center stinger of the coax lead connected to the STB. The displayed voltage should be +/-10% of the 13/18vdc voltages outputted when selecting vertical/horizontal transponder.

FYI... Diplexers may not work with a cable service as most digital cable systems are now using the same frequencies as the satellite IF frequency range coming in from the LNBF. Just for testing, compare signal quality reading without/with the diplexers in line.

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
To check the LNB supply voltage, use a voltage meter set to the 20-50vdc range (or DC Auto). Touch the black probe to the coax shield and the red probe to center stinger of the coax lead connected to the STB. The displayed voltage should be +/-10% of the 13/18vdc voltages outputted when selecting vertical/horizontal transponder.

FYI... Diplexers may not work with a cable service as most digital cable systems are now using the same frequencies as the satellite IF frequency range coming in from the LNBF. Just for testing, compare signal quality reading without/with the diplexers in line.
After testing with a multimeter I am getting 12.7 mV on the horizontal transponders and 13mV on the vertical no diplexers just coaxial barrel connectors

Last edited:
It moved it slowly but doesn't find anything once it gets to the orbital location as defined for the motor or show more than 5 quality when on a transponder like 97w 12084v22000 will work tomorrow to verify the readings

Last edited:
After testing with a multimeter I am getting 12.7 mV on the horizontal transponders and 13mV on the vertical no diplexers just coaxial barrel connectors
You've probably got a short in your cable. Test the voltage direct from the back of the Mini HD SE without a cable attached. To do that you may need to insert a short piece of copper wire in the connector on the back. If you still get a reading in the millivolt range then its the receiver. Otherwise its the cable.

You've probably got a short in your cable. Test the voltage direct from the back of the Mini HD SE without a cable attached. To do that you may need to insert a short piece of copper wire in the connector on the back. If you still get a reading in the millivolt range then its the receiver. Otherwise its the cable.
Those readings are not accurate as I took them with the probes hooked up wrong on the multimeter will retest tonight and post new readings

Those readings are not accurate as I took them with the probes hooked up wrong on the multimeter will retest tonight and post new readings
After posting last night I realized that it would be much easier to check the ohms between the cable center conductor and ground. That would be the easiest way to to check for a short.

If the cable checks out, then I would test the voltage direct from the back panel of the receiver.

Rechecked voltage of the cable and it varied from 12 mV to 18 mV can't remember which polarity the receiver was set on I am waiting till I feel better and more predictable weather to try a small TV and the mini HD se out at the dish

12-18mVdc would be unable to move a motor, but 12-18Vdc would and be within normal range for LNB power. Maybe a wrong range selection on the meter?

It is normal to observe 10% variance from vertical polarity @ 13Vdc / horizontal @ 18Vdc.

update tonight i took the mini hd se and a tv to the dish and hooked up a shorter coax piece and i could not get the receiver to move the motor looks like i get to try to get an rma to have the unit tested out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)