AZBOX mini-Me problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

migold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Pearisburg, Virginia
I need some help with my mini-Me. It turns itself off, and I can not find an option or setting to correct this. I can turn it on with either the remote or the button on the STB. It will receive correctly. Then after a period of time that varies from a couple of minutes to over an hour, the button on the box goes from blue to dark. It will come on again by either remote or button, and goes through the entire boot-up sequence and receives correctly. It makes it difficult to watch a program when it keeps going off.
Can anyone suggest a cure for this problem? Or some steps to isolate a solution?
I did unplug the unit for several days while we were on vacation, just prior to having this problem.
I am using:
firmware 1.86
kernel 3.5.5-opensat
Enable Standby ON
Delayed Shutdown OFF
In Standby, switch off after 0
Inactivity Shutdown Timer 000

Thanks,

GREMLINS?? Hopefully they're not running some M$ software in there!
Once, quite a while ago now, my S9 began to act weird/funny. After a day or two, of trying to see if it was a setting or some combination of 'buttons pushed' on the remote, I reloaded the firmware. Been 'good' since.

Not gremlins but we are aware of this issue which is caused by the receiver's IR sensor over-reacting to ambient light such as fluorescent or strong sunlight, especially while buttons on the remote control are being pressed.

This causes the receiver to go to sleep mode by itself (i.e. Power light changes from blue to orange). Pushing the power button does wake up the receiver from sleep mode in a few seconds but I agree it is rather annoying.

We will attempt to resolve this issue on upcoming firmware updates. In the meantime however, try shielding the front of your receiver from ambient light as much as possible in order to minimize the chance of this issue from occurring.

Best regards,

Last edited:
Now, Monday - 6 days later - and the MiniMe is still on with no failure.
PwrSurge - Thanks for the response. My problem may be related to the IR sensitivity; however, Mine did NOT go into sleep mode with the orange light on. It went from Blue Light to NO light.
At any rate, no problem now, so I am Happy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)