minibud setup in my future?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftaseeker

Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm moving into a house, and I can finally DX satellites. I'm new to FTA, so I am likely to ask dumb questions for a while :)

It looks like if I mount a 1m pole on the top of the roof on the west side of the house that I can get a clear shot of the Clark belt from about 72'W to 148'W. The setup I am considering is a 1.2m offset dish with a BSC621 - unless someone knows of a better ku/C combo LNB.

Before mounting it on the roof, I'd get the LNB "optimized" by pointing to a a satellite (any suggestions?)

I'm hoping to pull in quite a bit of the DVB FTA on C band, and I am particularly interested in HD sports feeds.

Unfortunately I doubt a 4' offset dish has any hope of pulling in the DVB-S2 Equity feeds on G26 :-( however I may be able to convince my wife to let me park a BUD in the back yard...

(I'm also hoping to be putting in a 33" offset dish, fixed mount, with LNB's pointed at G10, G25, and if I am lucky, White Springs TV on G27)

Does anyone have a 1.2m minibud setup? How much FTA are you pulling in?

The offset angle on the 1.2m dishes appears to be 22.7 degrees, am I correct in assuming that I can angle the dish down 6' or so to be able to get birds at 16 degrees elevation?

Thanks!

Receivers: Fortec Mercury Star II, Diamond 9000HD (in the mail)

If their is any way I would recommend a 7.5' mesh dish (if you have to keep it small as possible). Mini bud projects are cool but they are limited.

I have a 7.5' sami mesh and it performs great on c and ku band.
You may find that after you spend the money on a 1.2 M dish you will end up getting a larger one.

If the Wife approves - go ahead and get a larger dish.

I honestly didn't have much luck with my BSC-621 on a 10' dish. It worked great for C-band but not great for ku. It provided just ample ku reception but not great. It is a big compromise. Some members here like their 621's.

The lnbf did not impress me at all. I guess for the money I could not complain.

Good luck and have fun.

The setup I am considering is a 1.2m offset dish with a BSC621 - unless someone knows of a better ku/C combo LNB.
. . .
I'm hoping to pull in quite a bit of the DVB FTA on C band, and I am particularly interested in HD sports feeds.
. . . .
Does anyone have a 1.2m minibud setup? How much FTA are you pulling in?
From the posts, the BSC-621 is problematic on Ku for many big dish users.
Some do get it to perform.

There are three or four regulars who get a little C-band on 1.2m dishes.
Most have posted quite a bit, so you'll run across comments quite often.

(I'm also hoping to be putting in a 33" offset dish, fixed mount, with LNB's pointed at G10, G25, and if I am lucky, White Springs TV on G27)
So long as the angle between the most eastern and most western birds is not too much, you'll find many users getting two or three satellites on one dish.
97º to 127º sounds like quite a span.

The offset angle on the 1.2m dishes appears to be 22.7 degrees, am I correct in assuming that I can angle the dish down 6' or so to be able to get birds at 16 degrees elevation?
You might want to have it up in the air to see over nearby objects, but yes.

1.2M dishes make super duper stellar ku dishes.

You will have ku during a hurricane with a 1.2M dish. Properly set up of course.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts