America's Top 200 79.99
Hopper Receiver 12.00
DVR Service 12.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10) 0.00
$103.99

State/Local Tax (Sales) 6.24
$6.24

Total $110.23

If I downgrade my package to either AT120 or AT120 plus, will either the receiver fee, dvr fee, or hd for life fee change? I thought at one time you needed to maintain a certain package level???

No. If you downgrade to top 120 or 120 plus nothing should change. The minimum pack DISH has is Welcome pack for $19.99. But I don't know for sure if going down that low will mess with your commitment level. The best way to find out if to call DISH and or do a online chat and ask them.

Even customers under contract are not tied to a package, you can downgrade anytime. If you have a new customer promotion obviously you won't get the same discount if you drop to the Top 120 as you had with the Top 250, but you will get the Top 120 discount. Equipment with DISH is separate from what package you have.
I don't remember DISH tieing together equipment costs and packages for a very long time, and then only with the Everything Package.

If I drop down to the Welcome Pack, Can I still subscribe to the Movie Pack (Blockbuster)?

Yes, you can still subscribe to the Movie Pack (although at one time Dish did have a restriction which I thought was silly).

The following channels should be available to you with the Movie Pack:
130 HDNet Movies (HD)
187 Hallmark Movies & Mysteries HD
247 Universal HD
249 Crime & Investigation HD
251 Centric HD
254 Logo HD
344 Encore Suspense
356 Starz Kids & Family HD
369 MTV Live HD (formerly Palladia)
377 MoviePlex
378 IndiePlex HD
379 RetroPlex HD
380 Epix HD
381 Epix 2 HD
382 Epix Hits HD
384 FXM
385 MGM HD
388 PixL HD
386 Sony Movie Channel HD
394 World Fishing Network

(Note: Some channels are HD only and require HD equipment..)

Reactions: bobvick and Tampa8
I think for someone trying to save money, the Welcome package with the Movie Pack is a very decent deal. You may be able to get the movie pack for 1/2 price at times also, I'm just coming off of that offer.

Reactions: brejust
Here is somewhat of a quicklist of what you get with the Welcome Pack (Note: I do not have some of the shopping channels, PI channels, infomercial channels, etc. listed).

HD Locals (where available)
73 Blue Highways Television/LAFF
82 FeTV/Cozi TV
102 Dish Studio HD
107 Comedy Central HD
110 Food Network HD
112 HGTV HD
117 Pop
120 History Channel HD
127 Oxygen [also in America's Top 200]
128 We TV HD
139 TBS HD
161 MTV 2
166 CMT HD
175 Boomerang [also in America's Top 200]
179 Discovery Family HD [also in America's Top 200]
183 TLC HD
185 Hallmark HD [also in America's Top 200]
203 Bloomberg Television HD [also in America's Top 250]
209 msnbc HD
214 The Weather Channel HD
223 NewsMax
259 INSP
260 TBN
261 EWTN
264 KTV
266 Angel Two
279 CCTV News
280 RT News
286 NASA
393 Pursuit (Hunting)
823 Baby First TV
9403 BYUTV
9406 Classic Arts Showcase
9410 Link
9415 Free Speech Television

Reactions: bobvick
I think for someone trying to save money, the Welcome package with the Movie Pack is a very decent deal. You may be able to get the movie pack for 1/2 price at times also, I'm just coming off of that offer.

The 1/2 off Dish Movie Pack is possible with the Welcome Pack. I think Dish offers it for 6 months, but the offer may differ per subscriber history (3 months, 6 months, etc.).

Reactions: Tampa8
I thought Welcome pack DID NOT include HD channels (except locals), can someone please confirm?

I thought that I could tolerate dropping down to the Welcome Pack but after just a couple of weeks I started missing so many of the channels that I had to go back.
Yep, minimizing has it's "downside"! Good for you to take care of your TV needs/wants.

What channels did you miss that you lost and from what package did you drop down from?

I have Dish American and it looks like USA and TNT will be the only ones that I miss.

Reactions: brejust
I was told that if I wanted to keep my Free HD For Life I could not go below the ATHD 120 package.

Now that may have changed because that was awhile ago.

You were told by who? It's for life if you remain a DISH subscriber. There were posts sometime back that incorrectly stated what HD for life is, maybe you read one of their posts.
If you have HD for life, drop down to a package that does not include HD you would not get HD, however go back to a package with HD and your HD for life is still there.

DISH HD for life does not mean you will get HD channels no matter what package you get or what channels you get. It means if you subscribe to a package with HD channels you will get HD, for life. Until recently if you got the Welcome package only the locals were in HD (since has changed), the cable channels were not in HD. Some tried to say if you have HD for life those channels should be in HD, and that would be incorrect.

What channels did you miss that you lost and from what package did you drop down from?

I have Dish American and it looks like USA and TNT will be the only ones that I miss.
Those are two big ones not to have! Well at least for us and the majority of Cable subscribers... :)

You were told by who? It's for life if you remain a DISH subscriber. There were posts sometime back that incorrectly stated what HD for life is, maybe you read one of their posts.
If you have HD for life, drop down to a package that does not include HD you would not get HD, however go back to a package with HD and your HD for life is still there.

DISH HD for life does not mean you will get HD channels no matter what package you get or what channels you get. It means if you subscribe to a package with HD channels you will get HD, for life. Until recently if you got the Welcome package only the locals were in HD (since has changed), the cable channels were not in HD. Some tried to say if you have HD for life those channels should be in HD, and that would be incorrect.

I was told by a Dish Customer service rep at the time,like I said that was quite awhile ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts