Minimum programming for 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KyDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 3, 2003
Kentucky
I just got one this past weekend and mentioned it to some other people. Once all the $10/10 month rebates have expired I have been asked what the minimum $$'s per month could be. They mostly watch network stuff but love the HD DVR capability. Would you be able to keep the 622 with charges like these:

Family pack $19.99
HD enabling fee $6.00
DVR fee $6.00
Locals $5 (really need these for OTA HD guide info)
TOTAL $36.99

It would be the only receiver on the account, so as reported elsewhere (by Mainstreet) it no longer requires a $6 lease fee.

Would they allow this?

It would be the only receiver on the account, so as reported elsewhere (by Mainstreet) it no longer requires a $6 lease fee.

Unless its changed, the fee is dependent on the promotion.

DHA = No fee for the first or only receiver.
DIU = The lease fee always applies.

NightRyder

You could proabably do that if you own your 622. I was doing it for months (without the Family Pack even). If you lease, you are required to have a Top 100 or above pack for 18 months from the time that you were first installed with the 622.

The other thing to consider is that any time Dish adds a new HD channel, they are tying it to the package that its SD counterpart belongs. For instance, the only way to get A&E HD is to subscribe to the A&E SD channel. So, having the HD Package doesn't mean you get all of the HD channels and you would likely miss out on the HD channels that will be added.

So one does not need to order the HD package or pay the HD enabling fee if you have the 622 activated? You can use it for SD only? I wouldn't mind having one so that I can have the additional hard drive space and external hard drive functionality once they get the software released plus I would be ready for HD once I feel that there is enough content to make it worthwhile and get an HD television.

So one does not need to order the HD package or pay the HD enabling fee if you have the 622 activated? You can use it for SD only? I wouldn't mind having one so that I can have the additional hard drive space and external hard drive functionality once they get the software released plus I would be ready for HD once I feel that there is enough content to make it worthwhile and get an HD television.

If you buy it, no problem. If you plan on DIU, you cannot get it as the HD package is part of the 18 month commitment.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

If you plan on DIU, you cannot get it as the HD package is part of the 18 month commitment.

Here is a quote from the DIU 'small print' listed on my equipment upgrade page:

Monthly subscription to DishHD programming is required for HD receivers or a monthly $6.00 HD Enabling fee applies.

So I think they would be OK to drop their DishHD (after their 10 rebates) if they wanted to.

NightRyder said:
Unless its changed, the fee is dependent on the promotion.

DHA = No fee for the first or only receiver.
DIU = The lease fee always applies.

Based on info posted recently, I think it has changed. Here is a picture of a FaxBlast that Mainstreet posted earlier. As of Feb 1st, existing customers no longer are required a $6 lease fee if that is their only receiver.

Again this is for a friend who is already a dish customer that just wants to know what their minimum could be with a single 622 on their account.

So I guess that the last piece is to find out if an AT package is required or if he could eventually downgrade to the Family pack as described in my first post.

Give me a clarification on the word "retroactive."

Does that mean that if we did Dish'n It Up before 2/1 can get rid of the fee but they won't pay us back for the months we paid it?

......or

does it mean that we have to pay the fee forever?

So I think they would be OK to drop their DishHD (after their 10 rebates) if they wanted to.
Right when those 10 rebates ends is:
- Super Bowl
- A few months after that is Beijing Olympics
2008 is going to be a big year for HD set sales...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)