minimum signal strength

ecarl4100

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Tennessee
Could someone tell me the minimun signal strength on the meter to be able to have a good enough signal for the receiver to pick up the transponder? I'm getting low 40's on my spotbeam (good weather) hope i'm pretty close to at least getting a fair weather picture. Thanks.

ecarl4100 said:
Could someone tell me the minimun signal strength on the meter to be able to have a good enough signal for the receiver to pick up the transponder? I'm getting low 40's on my spotbeam (good weather) hope i'm pretty close to at least getting a fair weather picture. Thanks.
Get a technician out ypu need to get that dish peaked on a spotbeam you should be over 100% on a clear day.:mad: :mad: :mad:

make sure your looking at the right spotbeam. Example : my locals are on spotbeam9 with around 100 signal strength, i can go down to, say, spotbeam 7 thats got a 65 signal. Thats doesn't matter because spotbeam 7 doesn't carry any channels that i get, its got locals from another city thats probably a couple hundred miles away but the spotbeam bleeds just enough over in my area to pick up a signal. If the spotbeam your looking at on the signal strength screen is not about the same as all the other non-spotbeam transponders then your looking at the wrong spotbeam that doesn't carry your locals. Just something to thing about.

My local channel the screen display shows no signal / Satellite 110 spotbeam 23. When I go to the menu and check signal strength, where you select the satellite and transponder, is the spotbeam the same as transponder in reference to the signal strength meter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)