MIRACLE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carler

Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
ma.
I had asked about my Direct TV problem of every other channel showing zero on signal strength.It was stated a bad connection was probably the culprit.Today for the first time in a week the outside temperature is above freezing and about an hour ago all stations are showing great signal strength. Could the below freezing temperatures cause this problem,and what to do if so to prevent it?Thanks

Either an lnb that cant handle the cold, a connection that contracts in cold weather and expands in warm weather, or you've got water getting into a part of the lnb, switch or wiring thats freezing to ice and expanding during cold weather.

Thanks all for the information. I am limited physically (cannot get on roof) should I call direct TV with this problem?Once again last night when temps dropped below freezing stations went out and returned about an hour ago,when melting took place.

I'm sad for the directv repair folks for making this suggestion, but make sure to schedule the call for when its going to be cold out and the problem will be observable and evident, or at least take digital photos of the screen showing the bad signal levels so the repairman will know what to troubleshoot.

If its an lnb, no problem. If its a wiring issue then having it be 'bad' when they test it, it'll show the problem up better if it isnt something obvious.

My son will be home from college today and able to look at the dish. The weather here is below freezing and the problem(every other signal zero) is back. What does he look for on the dish to see where the problem is. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)