Mirror Tvs with a Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I keep on reading that no other signal can be sent over the same Coax that is bringing the signal from the Hopper to the Joey (very depressing). Can someone please take a look at this image and see if anything is possible? I don't think I can run a second coax from the Joey to my Utility because all my walls/ceilings are drywalled. So I'm wondering if there are any options out there for me to mirror my basement joey to 1 to many TV's in my house. All the COAX ends for the house go to the Utility room, but each room only has a single COAX running to it (each room also has an ethernet cable running to it also if I can do anything with that). With the old 612 I was able to backfeed the 612 output to the Utility room where I then split that signal to any of the TV's in my house that I wanted to mirror what was on the 612. I open to any and all crazy ideas :)
View attachment 75472

That diagram doesn't really make sense for your install. If the node and the home runs are all in your utility room then you wouldn't use a tap. The Hopper would be connected to Host port and the Joeys would be split off the Client side of the node. In any case I would agree that your best bet would be to add another joey in the utility room and use a modulator and a splitter to mirror it. Or if you have ethernet home runs, a more expensive way (up front costs at least) would be to move the Joey down to the Utility room and use hdmi to ethernet converters to mirror it that way

Would I be able to do HD on my 46" DLP if I put the Joey in my utility room to mirror it to two TVs in the basement?

The basement family room and basement bedroom have a coax and cat5e cable going to them from my utility room.

You can mirror, you just can't backfeed a rf modulated signal on the same coax the Joey/Hopper. You must use a separate coax.

I've mirrored a 15 or 20 joeys by backfeeding with an RF modulator using splitters instead of diplexors Haven't had any problems and the is picture is as clear as SD gets.

Mark

They also make HDMI over ethernet cable adapters. It allows you to run a high def signal over a greater distance via ethernet cable. If you google it, lots of hits will appear.
And that provides a high quality true HD PQ. Unless people don't mind the inherent noise of those junk RF modulators (although more expensive ones in the $200 range do provide quite good PQ and are often agile), I would go the Ethernet route, no doubt, and it is so easy, although more expensive than the cheap WallyWorld RF modulator route. However, if it is a situation where one does not need a great PQ, like an exerciser room used only an hour in the morning and you just want to monitor the news, than CHEAP NOISY crappy RF modulators would be the way to go.

And that provides a high quality true HD PQ. Unless people don't mind the inherent noise of those junk RF modulators (although more expensive ones in the $200 range do provide quite good PQ and are often agile), I would go the Ethernet route, no doubt, and it is so easy, although more expensive than the cheap WallyWorld RF modulator route. However, if it is a situation where one does not need a great PQ, like an exerciser room used only an hour in the morning and you just want to monitor the news, than CHEAP NOISY crappy RF modulators would be the way to go.

I have three Holland HMM-10H RF modulators connected to three HWSs. Modulators are primarily used so recordings can be synced to all other TVs. Picture quality is pretty good SD quality or at least good enough for me. If the Hopper/Joey system can someday sync recordings to other TVs I think I would take the modulators out of my TV/Dish system.

You can mirror either the Hopper or the Joey as you prefer. And it can be done in HD. I've done that in my apartment and it works perfectly well.

You will need: (Material's Required) (Search on ebay)
1. 100M HDMI + IR over single 75ohm Coax Cable Extender Balun Sender Receiver BNC - $125~
2. Full HD 1x2 Port HDMI Splitter Amplifier Repeater 3D 1080p Female Switch Box Hub - ~15

Steps:
1. Split the Joey or Hopper signals from one into two outputs.
2. Use the existing COAX cable inside your home. Note: You will need a dedicated run from the source point to the target (room) point because if the COAX is shared, then the balun won't sync.
3. Once its all up and running, you can buy an RF Remote for your extra viewing experience.

If you want and can go through a cheaper option, you can replace the item one in the materials required with the ethernet hdmi extender. For this you will need a dedicated Ethernet run. If your home is prewired with ethernet, then this is a good option.
1. Etekcity® 1080P HDMI Extender over Single 50m/164ft Cat5e/6 Ethernet Cable IR 3D - 45~

Hope this helps.

Can someone please help... I have the dish hopper in my living room than two joeys In bed rooms i aam trying to mirror off one joey into another room. How can i do this?

Can someone please help... I have the dish hopper in my living room than two joeys In bed rooms i aam trying to mirror off one joey into another room. How can i do this?
Joey has only has HDMI, NTSC (analog composite) outputs (along with stereo analog and optical digital audio outs).

If you want HD in the second room, you need to use an HDMI splitter.

Although I have not used them, the below devices look VERY interesting. They are a receiver/transmitter pair that sends a QAM modulated signal over coax. A single transmitter can have multiple receivers and a single coax can have multiple transmitters. The system supports 1080p60. There is no mention of HDCP support in the documentation. That may limit some of the useful applications of the device. I have read that some HDMI splitters have the side effect of removing HDCP from and HDMI signal.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/33-11970
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/33-11975

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts