Mirrored a 722K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

6t7gto

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
bedford ohio
I helped my friend mirror TV2 to the master bedroom from the family room.
The 722K is in the living room. IR remote control in the living room.
If he closes the tinted glass doors on the entertainment center the IR remote does not work.
I read it is possible to make TV1 UHF. He can't find his owners manual and I don't have a clue.
I mentioned he should get a second UHF remote for the master bedroom. Then he wouldn't have to carry the TV2 remote back and forth.
What remote does he need?
appreciate the help with this.
thanks,
david

Yes, it is possible. There is a catch however. In order to do this, you need to have to TV2 remotes to start with. You would then take one of the TV2 remotes and on the bottom where you see the blue TV2 tab, you would then take the battery cover off, pull out the tab, and then flip it over so it says TV1 and re-insert it back in the remote. Once you have completed this, you then need to program the remote to your receiver by hitting the menu button twice. hold the remote in front of the receiver. Press down and hold SAT button till all lights light up and then let go. Type in a number and then press the pound button followed by pressing the record button numerous times until you see the remote 1 address change.

This is how I have mine set up just because I have my receiver hidden out of sight. It really is a simple process but you MUST have two TV2 remotes.

Hope you can follow my directions. lol

I helped my friend mirror TV2 to the master bedroom from the family room.
The 722K is in the living room. IR remote control in the living room.
If he closes the tinted glass doors on the entertainment center the IR remote does not work.
I read it is possible to make TV1 UHF. He can't find his owners manual and I don't have a clue.
I mentioned he should get a second UHF remote for the master bedroom. Then he wouldn't have to carry the TV2 remote back and forth.
What remote does he need?
appreciate the help with this.
thanks,
david

You mean you mirrored TV1 to a 2nd TV. To control TV1 via uhf you need a 21.0 remote, then follow Renaltia's (sp?) instructions. Get one on ebay! Hope this helps.

Ed

Ed,
we mirrored TV2 to the bedroom. as I understood this was the easiest of the two.
we put a splitter before TV2, ran rg6 to the bedroom, and everything is working fine.
I told him he would have to watch in the family room whatever is wife watched in the bedroom.
Is it possible to mirror TV1 to the bedroom? As the TV1, livingroom, is the least used of the three.
thanks for the replies,
david

Ed,
we mirrored TV2 to the bedroom. as I understood this was the easiest of the two.
we put a splitter before TV2, ran rg6 to the bedroom, and everything is working fine.
I told him he would have to watch in the family room whatever is wife watched in the bedroom.
Is it possible to mirror TV1 to the bedroom? As the TV1, livingroom, is the least used of the three.
thanks for the replies,
david

Sure is, but you have to get a HDMI cable to the 2nd TV and use the component and analog audio cables at the TV by the receiver (or the opposite). All the outputs are "hot" at the same time. Another way is to use a powered HDMI splitter ( I recommend monoprice.com) and use HDMI for both TVs. By mirroring TV1 you'll be able to have HD at both locations. I do this on my 622 and 722.
Yer welcome!:)

Ed

old corps said:
Sure is, but you have to get a HDMI cable to the 2nd TV and use the component and analog audio cables at the TV by the receiver (or the opposite). All the outputs are "hot" at the same time. Another way is to use a powered HDMI splitter ( I recommend monoprice.com) and use HDMI for both TVs. By mirroring TV1 you'll be able to have HD at both locations. I do this on my 622 and 722.

Ed

Only need hdmi if HD is a must, butthe above instructiins for turning on tv1 modulation thru thr home distribution port by using menu 6 1 5 and turning tv1 on is easy. If tv2 is 73 then tv 1 will be default to 75, if i is 60 then it will default on tv 1 to channel 62. So much more versatility that way.

Ed,The OP made no mention of wanting to "mirror" TV1 in HD - don't know why you assumed that.

The answer before yours, "Menu 6-1-5 to enable TV1 modulator output" is a great answer assuming HD is not a must.

Actually, at 75' I'd want a 24awg cable which is even more. And yeah, you can do TV1 via coax if SD is acceptable--see other post. For me it ain't acceptable, lol.

Ed

Ed,The OP made no mention of wanting to "mirror" TV1 in HD - don't know why you assumed that.

The answer before yours, "Menu 6-1-5 to enable TV1 modulator output" is a great answer assuming HD is not a must.

Absolutely correct. I have mine connected via coax as well. Just can't stand SD on a HD TV--looks like crap to me.:eek: If the TV is a CRT then it's ok.

Ed

I got a chance to play with it last night.
Did as was suggested and got TV1 to show in the bedroom, in SD.
Ordered the 21.0 remote and his wife will be good to go.
thanks everyone,
david

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts