Misc. SuperDish questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mowog74

Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Charlottesville, VA
I'm a new E* customer and I've got my SuperDish 105 installed temporarily in a location with pretty bad LOS (self-installed, so it's my own fault). My signal on 119 fluctuates between about 60 and 80 due to some trees about 100' away. I've got a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer:

1. In the point dish screen (RCA 301 receiver), when I try to check the signal on 110 with the 110 LNB connected to port 2 on my DP34 switch, all I get is "wrong sat-echostar 119", with approximately the same signal level as I was seeing on 119. If I connect the 110 LNB directly to the receiver, I get zero signal. Should I be seeing signal from the 110 LNB if it's connected directly to the receiver (and aimed correctly)? Could the "wrong sat" message indicate that there's something wrong with my switch? (I don't know how these switches work, but i'm picturing 119 signal "leaking" into the 110 input...)

2. I'm pretty sure given the low signal on 119 that I shouldn't be expecting to get a usable signal on 105. But check switch reports NC for port 3 where the 105 LNB is connected. Is this normal--is it only reporting NC because it's not seeing any signal?

3. Does it matter which port is connected on a Dual LNB when you're only using one of the two ports?

4. What's the best way to ground a dish that's pole-mounted about 100' from the house?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike

Maybe you think one wire is hooked up to the 110 lnbf when it is really hooked up to the 119 lnbf and if that is not the case then perhaps you are getting the 119 satellite with the 110 lnbf in which is easy to do.

It dont matter which port on the dual lnbf is connected.

I believe one grounding the wire the closes to the point of entry to the house would be the best option as well as grounding it at the dish pole.

I do not think it should be saying NC if the 105 lnbf is connected, it would just show an X indicating no signal.

What I have....

According to arguments, and the Superdish installation manual, when you finish using port 1 on a DP34 to peak, then 119 will be on port 1, 110 will be on port 2, and 105 will be on port 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts