missed tech chat

Not really - unless you wanted an explanation as to how integrated circuits are made.

Yeah really - they wasted at least 10-15 minutes telling us abut transistors and wafers.

I didn't miss anything then. I already know how ICs are made. I deal with them everyday with the computers and servers I'm responsible for. :D

It is still funny that they first do a 522 demo in single mode and say that it may be too advanced for everyone to do, and not to try it if you are not technical, then they launch into how chips are made...

Thats pretty ironic, maybe I will get a good laugh out of that when I go to watch the chat that I have recorded to the DVR.

They told us how to reboot our boxes.

They gave away an 811 and HDTV for knowing that the 30 sec skip button jumps ahead 24 hours in the guide.

I bailed at "Silicon 101". I viewed the recording later, and skipped to the last 5 minutes of Q&A. It was pretty lame. Most of their so-called technical experts seemed more like managers and directors (translation: clueless).

I do feel bad for Renee (721/921 lead), who seems saddled with a lame horse, and also seems a little over her head.

And, who was that guy with the dopey smile sitting behind the guy who spent 10 minutes foaming at the mouth over Fantasy Football?

BFG said:
What? There's one olympic channel and its the HD 24/7 feed

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/hdtv/olympics/index.shtml
There are EIGHT Olympic channels.
There are six SD olympic channels: NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, USA, and Telemundo.
There is one HD Olympic channel.(148?)
There is one interactive channel (147?) that will show all six SD feeds simultaneously, and allow you to switch to any one full-screen, only available on some Dish receivers.

Does anyone have a summary of the chat anywhere? I didn't watch it last night and just wanted to see if ANYTHING useful was discussed.....

Tech chat rebroadcast on Wednesday August 11,2004 at 9:00pm eastern /8:00pm central time on channel 101. It is very boring and you will only care if you are interested in the software update schedule on the 921 and the very interesting story(insert sarcasm) of the silicon chip.

GaryPen said:
There are EIGHT Olympic channels.
There are six SD olympic channels: NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, USA, and Telemundo.
There is one HD Olympic channel.(148?)
There is one interactive channel (147?) that will show all six SD feeds simultaneously, and allow you to switch to any one full-screen, only available on some Dish receivers.
As I understand it, channel 147 is a "highlights channel" intended to promote the main Olympics broadcast on the local NBC affiliate. It's the "NBC" slot on the interactive channel; it would take far more programming to actually have that slot pick out the NBC affiliate in your market. :eek:

The 6-in-1 interactive channel will be accessible from compatible receivers via channel 100, or by on-screen "triggers" placed by the receiver on the five cable channels and the highlights channel (which are the six screens).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts