Missing 129W HD Channels after "buggy" situation... any ideas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mobial

Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
I seem to have lost 129W. Hoping someone can help because I'd like to record olympics!

Here's what kinda seemed to happen and some backstory. Because I don't really understand this exactly, these could be stupid details, or help.

*I have one Hopper and 2 Joeys if that helps explain what other nodes/switches i might have that might be an issue.
*I noticed the olympics app today - so I have S217.

Seems like a lot of the time I've had loss of signal during storms, but ALSO I really feel that other times as well when its nice. My kids say we have lots of issues with signal loss errors (something that VERY rarely happened with my old VIP). I haven't paid attention to the specific channels of the glitchy recordings though in the couple of weeks.

Today there was also a storm coming through the area, and I had lost my signals (error 102). Then even after the storm had gone and it was clear outside I was still staring at this error situation and was looking at point dish diagnostics. I could get 110 and 119, and so I switched back out to watch channels and could see some, but not those that were looking for 129 16 (my local channels for example). Then I kind of thought that maybe 129 might be getting more obscured over the past few weeks from a nearby tree growing in the way, so I went and chopped it a bit. This didn't really do anything.

Then I unplugged and started up and after it did it's looking -- there were the locals coming in ---- but NO HDs. just the 011-00 versions. (No idea if this was tree trimming or reboot or what.) Then I realized that I don't seem to have any 129-based channels (HDs).

In the Switch screen it says:
- satellite input 1 ---- check 119 check 110 red x CONN
- satellite input 2 ---- check 119 check 110 red x CONN
- satellite input 3 ---- check 119 check 110 red x CONN

in details it says for port 3 "1K.2 Good Connection, No Signal"

In Point Dish i have 100 on t 16 at 75 strength
and I have 119 on t 16 at 77 strength
(note I don't understand the interface of Point Dish and maybe screwed with something here to knock 129 off).

Diagnostics page 1 says "a. status good" but in "g." the third input is "CONN" and has nothing.

MAYBE THIS? -- Also, I did actually do the check switch test during when I had no channels after the storm and I saw after the fact in the manual I downloaded that you weren't supposed to do that when you had signal issues or something, but I have no idea what that means.

Also I did another unplug reset and also I did a front red reboot (just once) which didn't do anything.

So, could anyone of you kind people speculate on what the hell I can do to get my channels back?

I would be so appreciative because I have a tech scheduled NEXT FRIDAY which is just freaking ridiculous, and the Dish phone people didn't even ask anything about my diagnostics, and the Dish chat person could only say "please to not worry" because the tech would fix it. Ugh.

Thanks so much in advance!

First next Friday is not acceptable. I would call back and make some noise over that, and/or contact a DIRT member here.

You seem to have tried many things that would be suggested. It is true, you should not do a check switch when there is no signal, but that does nothing permanently. Another check switch when there is a signal should get it all back to normal. It could be an LNB problem. You mentioned a tree and you trimmed it back, could it still be blocking?

Run a check switch again. Should bring the 129 back. If not, it's either an LNB or a LOS issue.

I had a similar problem after a storm last week. Check switch did nothing, but a power cord unplug, wait 15 secs and plug back in brought the signal back. It may not work for you but you could try again. Also the guide did not fully load until i did another red button reset after I had signal on all three sats.

Yeah I had a situation during installation of the 3rd Hopper in which it kept saying that my DPP33 was a DP34 and it would only detect 1 sat during the check switch. A red button reboot fixed it.

Run a check switch again. Should bring the 129 back. If not, it's either an LNB or a LOS issue.

Thanks for the suggestions! I did a check switch again and the satellite was found. A hard reboot and the HDs came back into the guide. For good measure I trimmed my tree back some in case that was contributing to a weak signal. I also stuck some pins into my daughter's stuffed kangaroo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)