Missing Channels like TNTHD, UHD, etc... Read here!

polksda

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Urbana, IL
Tuned in to TNTHD to catch my Law & Order reruns, and I get a screen telling me I need to upgrade in order to get this channel.

WTF???

I'm getting that just for TBS. I waited about 10 min to talk to a CSR and gave up. I bet others are alos having the problem.

Just checked, I'm also getting the message for TNTHD.

I just talk to a CSR. The normal stuff -it's a nationwide problem no other info at this time, not sure if we should reboot or it will just come back.-

Coffee Spill.

Same here in Az.
I got through to a CSR and they said they were aware of it and working on it without me even asking. Sounds like they are getting slammed.

Please don't panic... They are moving channels from MPEG-2 to the new Harmonic MPEG-2. It looks like some channels did not like the change. I am sure they are working on it as we speak. Some of those channel mentioned here we were told were the first one to go to the new Harmonic compression. There are also a few others which you are not experience any problems. So hang in there. It will be resolved.

Sean Mota said:
Please don't panic... They are moving channels from MPEG-2 to the new Harmonic MPEG-2.
Perhaps this is the ONLY change they're planning to make capacity for the new channels to be added next month.

Walter L. said:
Perhaps this is the ONLY change they're planning to make capacity for the new channels to be added next month.
FYI: At some point they need to empty an entire transponder so they can do the proof of performance for the sale to Echostar. After they test each transponder and spotbeam (shifting programming to get it out of the way) they can have the space back for new channels.

It is in the satellite sale agreement.

JL

Are we going to need a new dish next month to get these new channels or are they going to be able to just add them to Rainbow 1 ?

TNT is back up for me and I have to say not sure if they got the new encoders working but Without a Trace on right now looks as good as Ive ever seen TNT look.

How many of you rushed to the phone to call a CSR to tell them you can get StarzHD without paying for it? LOL It's human nature to bitch about what you can't get when you're supposed to but don't say a word when you get something free that you aren't supposed to. ;-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts