Missing Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

calchoochoo

Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I recently (4 months ago) had a HD oval dish installed and an HD DVR to replace the unit I have had for the past 7 years. I’m now having problems with all 3 of my receivers. The oldest TIVO which is the one I first noticed will not reset and gives the following error messages. 101A right side not detected. 119B not detected. 110C not detected. On rechecking the signal strength of all the transponders on each LNB I find that on 101A all the odd transponders from 1 to 31 have signal strength in the 90’s while the even number from 2 to 32 have no signal. On the 119B all the even transponders (22 to 32) have high signal strength in the 90’s but the odd transponders (23 to 31) have none (except 31 which shows 27/22). The 110C has readings in the high 80’s and 90’s for transponders 8,10,12. On my other older receiver I get some channels but not others. On my new HD I am receiving the HD local channels but the regular local channels say “searching for signal in Satellite 2…(771) or searching for signal in Satellite 1…(771). Also on the HD receiver I can get TNT HD but not regular TNT but I do get both CNBC and CNBC HD, etc. This was originally diagonised as a single reciever problem, but I think that was wrong. Could this be caused by nearby trees having grown taller over the winter, or is this more likely movement in the dish caused by wind, a multi-switch problem, or something else entirely? Thanks in advance for your suggestions, comments! Bob

I would remove the multi-switch and directly connect the cables to a/the receiver(s) and bypass the switch. A bad multi-switch can certainly cause this problem. As well as a bad LNB assembly.

Please indicate what dish you have exactly. You should have the AU9 Slimline and the model of your other receivers. Also, what is the model of the multi-switch. It will probably be a Zinwell WB68.

Lets start with that.

Last edited:
Even transponder drop out on the 101 only sounds like a bad cable/connection to the 18 VDC no control tone input of the multiswitch.

I would agree with Sportsfan and suggest that you check the multiswitch, cables, and connectors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts