Missing Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sjc6363

Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
I have two receivers that have been working great for the last five years. Just recently my upstairs receiver started pixilating and dropping channels, which I could fix by unplugging the receiver for 15 seconds. But that doesn't work anymore and I only get 4 or 5 channels and no local channels. On those four or five channels I get a signal strength of over 70. My downstairs receiver has absolutely no problems, all channels work great. I swapped the LNB cables between the two receivers and the problem didn't track to the downstairs receiver. I swapped the receivers and that didn't fix the problem either. The "good" one didn't work upstairs and the "bad" one worked perfectly fine downstairs. I replaced the upstairs cables, the one from the wallplate to the receiver and the one from the receiver to the TV, no improvement. The TV only has one input and it's coax. My guess is I have some kind of low input power problem upstairs. Should I try to repoint the dish to get higher signal strength in the hope that a rising tide lifts all boats?

I have the satellite connected to the coax that was intended for cable. I am the original owner and the cable was never connected. The dish sits above the garage, the cables run to a junction box in the garage, maybe 20 ft. The outlet that is working is on the second floor and the one I'm having trouble with is on the third, another 20 ft; I live in a townhouse. This setup has worked fine since I moved here five years ago, and I have done nothing recently to warrant a change.

are u losing odd or even transponders? What do you mean by junction box? Is it a switch? What kind of wire is in the wall? You say you have 70 percent signals on channels, did you mean transponders? I don't think peaking the dish is your problem, there is something in that line, connector, barrell, switch, lnb port. I doubt if it is a power issue but if you think it is run an extension cord upstairs and run the receiver off of it and see if it works through that line, if it is call an electrition cause u got problems.

If your receiver is a dvr, you have either a bad hard drive or a bad power supply. If your receiver is just a receiver, you probably have a bad power supply. If your receiver is a dvr with TiVo software, you could probably fix it yourself if you wanted to by going to weaknees.com and buying the parts. If not, get a replacement unit from D*.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys sjc6363

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)