missing guide data today

jct21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 26, 2018
kentucky
I had a full guide last night around 11pm before I went to bed. I've been up since 5am and the guide will not populate past the next hour. anyone else having this problem? perhaps this just an isolated problem with my H3. reboots & normal troubleshooting hasn't helped. not sure what happened overnight to wipe the guide data. I still have the same software, u939.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Are you getting all your channels?
You may not be receiving the satellite that contains the guide data as suggested above.
You could do a reset or check switch to try and force guide d/l

Reactions: charlesrshell
I followed the suggestions posted on the dish website & performed a reset just prior to my original post. since then I keep getting this message when pressing guide. first time I've seen this one. I still have all my regular channels.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3183.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3183.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 144
I followed the suggestions posted on the dish website & performed a reset just prior to my original post. since then I keep getting this message when pressing guide. first time I've seen this one. I still have all my regular channels.
If it's not fixed, unplug for the standard 10 secs, plug back in and run a check switch, then put it in standby and see if it kicks in.

thank you!! that seemed to do the trick. i now have my guide back. is this a common issue with the H3 or dish in general?
Glad you got it fixed. I don't think your guide problem is a common issue that I know of. When you have issues resetting your Hopper or Joey clears a lot of them up. Another way to reset is the Reset Hopper feature in the Diagnostics menu. Press your remote control Home button three times, select Tools, and then Reset Hopper. Pulling the AC cord works the best.

Glad you got it fixed. I don't think your guide problem is a common issue that I know of. When you have issues resetting your Hopper or Joey clears a lot of them up. Another way to reset is the Reset Hopper feature in the Diagnostics menu. Press your remote control Home button three times, select Tools, and then Reset Hopper. Pulling the AC cord works the best.
The reset Hopper command is just like pushing the red button. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. The plug pull usually takes care of business as you say.

is this a common issue with the H3 or dish in general?
I have seen it before on both Hopper Duo and Wally, although it is rare. I posted my procedure for ensuring that the receiver takes a fresh guide download in another thread recently. Here it is:
You can put the Hopper in standby (turn it off) and leave the TV on to watch the screensaver. After many minutes, you should see a guide download start with a percentage progress indicated. Watch that percentage carefully. It may go back to the regular screensaver in the middle of the download, making it look like it is done, but it is not. After waiting some more minutes, the guide download screen will reappear. When the percentage indicated reaches 95%, then the next time the screen goes back to the screensaver, the guide download is actually done. You can then turn on the Hopper and go to the guide to see the guide information populate for the OTA channels. Dish may not actually provide OTA guide data for all of those channels. However, the ones without guide data will display one-hour blocks of the station's call letters, making it easier to set manual timers for those channels by selecting that block in the guide.
This was specifically referring to taking a fresh guide download after re-scanning the OTA channels, but it works for satellite channels that are missing guide data, too. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts