missing pg info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
I went away on a trip, my program guide info is now missing. The channels all work, just no info. I waited overnight, still no info

What happenned?

I see I am still at 6.20 FYI

Was the STB unplugged all that time? If you don't get the PG by this afternoon, reboot the box, make sure it's turned on and set to channel 100, and then leave it alone for 10-15 minutes (don't touch the remote). Make sure it's alway plugged in, even when you turn it off (put it in standby).

PG missing too

I normally leave my box on all the time. However, this morning I didn't have any program info show up. It's still like that now and it's 6:15pm. I don't shut my box off because it wouldn't turn on the day after it was installed. I just shut the box off for 20 minutes, turned it back on and the PG still won't come up. I saw your advice for the previous person so I will reset it tomorrow if it doesn't come back.

Should I turn off the box every night?

lizmara said:
I normally leave my box on all the time.

Should I turn off the box every night?

Welcome lizmara. I leave mine on all the time too--since January. You do not have to put it in standby every night unless you want to. Some people don't turn it off, believing that constant on/off will shorten the life of the STB, but it boils down to personal preference. Whenever I have reloaded the Program Guide, I put the STB in standby, then turn off the power, and then turn it back on. I've done this twice in 10 months, so I'm not an expert, but that has worked for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts