Missing Transponder?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CatvGuy

Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
Lake Mary
I just changed out a basic single LNB dish for a SlimLine 5 LNB Dish. I used a basic receiver to peak the new dish and was able to get near 100% on 101, 110 & 119. I was unable however to get the Receiver to then find the satellite signal???? I went out and purchased a New HD/DVR and thought it would help guide me through the set-up - getting me to the proper settings in hopes of getting it right. The problem is most likely fine turning of the dish, I'm looking for confirmation. Though when checking for satellite signal to the transponders - very, very few are showing. I believe I should see signal on every other transponder on each satellite. Is that correct. Am I needing to get a Tech involved with a Bird Dog meter or can I tweak the elevation and azimuth and likely find the missing transponders?

Not all transponders are active on each satellite. The transponder grid just shows possible signals which are typically split between multiple satellites orbiting close to each other.

Depending on the box and software, N/A should be shown on a transponder that is not used.

If you have the dish in a position with which you are comfortable working, you can adjust the dish as needed. There are a few good threads on here that help with aiming. Search for your dish type and see what comes up. A tech would be more than happy to come out, typically for a minimum charge of $50-75 (not sure of the going rates today). If you self-installed, I'm not certain that the protection plan is available to you.

Good Luck!

Edit: If you only see signal on either odds or evens, there is most likely a problem with the dish, or multiswitch.

I appreciate the response, and have left a note on a Direct TV Tech's van to see if I can get a quick peaking. But I need to mention, that I think it is possible I may be looking at the wrong birds. Though I have strong signal on the signal meter, when I press "done" in the set-up process, it tells me "no signal found." Prehaps it is signal the receiver does not recognize. But I'm not sure. I'm trying to set up a Slimline 5 lnb dish, with an SWM(single wire multiswitch), yet the receiver needs two satellite inputs. But because of the 5 LNB set-up, I'm instructed not to use the single line upconverters on the imputs to the HD/DVR. Confused.....I am. As an example of me not being on the right birds, 101 is only receiving signal for about 8 transponders at any one time. I'm told that 101 should have signal on nealy every other transponder. I need a beer................ It it possible I'm on DISH Network satellites?

You are correct that you are probably pointed at the wrong satellite. For example, 119 has 11 transponders active, maybe you are pointed at that instead of 101. .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)